Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1026R that has about 100 hours on it and it is about 5 years old. The original hydraulic filter blew out the seal and lost all of the oil, I replaced it and the second filter lasted about 30 minutes before it blew out the seal on the oil filter. The third filter lasted about 1 hour before it blew out the seal. The second filter was tightened to specifications, 1 turn after seating, the third filter was tightened to 1 and 1/8 turns. The tractor is now at the dealer and they have no Idea what is causing this, ANYONE have any idea what can cause the pressure to increase and blow out the seals???

·
Registered
28,180 Posts
Are you certain the original filter gasket was removed with the filter?

When I did my first change on my 2210 I had the same issue - oil leaking from the filter seal. When I removed it I found the original filter gasket stuck fast to the housing.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Are you certain the original filter gasket was removed with the filter?

When I did my first change on my 2210 I had the same issue - oil leaking from the filter seal. When I removed it I found the original filter gasket stuck fast to the housing.
I had the same thing happen to an engine oil filter on a car 26 yrs ago. Never happened again!

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Yeah - have it happen once and it makes you look twice the rest of your life.
What fluid is the OP using in the hydraulics?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Glanced at the schematic, gave me a headache... sorry.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I have a 1026R that has about 100 hours on it and it is about 5 years old. The original hydraulic filter blew out the seal and lost all of the oil, I replaced it and the second filter lasted about 30 minutes before it blew out the seal on the oil filter. The third filter lasted about 1 hour before it blew out the seal. The second filter was tightened to specifications, 1 turn after seating, the third filter was tightened to 1 and 1/8 turns. The tractor is now at the dealer and they have no Idea what is causing this, ANYONE have any idea what can cause the pressure to increase and blow out the seals???
It is NOT the seal from the previous filter
IT is not the oil seal!!!! John Deere would not have put 2 oil seals on the first filter.

·
Premium Member
17,425 Posts
It is NOT the seal from the pervious filter
IT is not the oil seal!!!! John Deere would not have put 2 oil seals on the first filter.
Proper troubleshooting procedure would be to assume nothing and verify everything - stranger things have happened.

·
Administrator
22,604 Posts
It is NOT the seal from the pervious filter
It's ok. We are just trying to help narrow this down and it wasn't stated that this was already checked and verified. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
5,149 Posts
I can understand your frustrations but I figured that John Deere would tighten all the bolts on my brand new tractor but turns out even JD makes mistakes during assembly. So it's not out of the question to ask if there was two seals installed from the factory or missing one during a filter change and doubling up. Take a deep breath and think back through what lead to this event and maybe something new may come up. Hope the dealer finds out what's causing the issue, nothing worse than a brand new tractor that you can't use. If the dealer finds the problem, please post so we can learn as well.:bigthumb:

·
Administrator
22,604 Posts
I removed the duplicate posts. :good2:

·
Premium Member
17,425 Posts
Hope the dealer finds out what's causing the issue, nothing worse than a brand new tractor that you can't use.
The OP stated this was a 5-year old 1026R with ~100hrs. From his description it sounds like the original filter was in place for the entire 5 years and 100 hrs. at which time the filter blew out the seal. The 2nd filter then lasted 30 minutes and blew out and the 3rd filter lasted an hour and then blew out.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
The OP stated this was a 5-year old 1026R with ~100hrs. From his description it sounds like the original filter was in place for the entire 5 years and 100 hrs. at which time the filter blew out the seal. The 2nd filter then lasted 30 minutes and blew out and the 3rd filter lasted an hour and then blew out.
Hey, 5 years old with 100 hours IS BRAND NEW!!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
23,184 Posts
I believe the filter is on the return/low pressure side of the system, so for it to blow there must be a blockage somewhere that is making pressure build.

Has the return screen every been removed and cleaned? Is the fluid clear? Machine stored indoors? I'm thinking worst case here but it's possible the fluid has grown an algae and is plugging the filter and screen.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I have a 1026R that has about 100 hours on it and it is about 5 years old. The original hydraulic filter blew out the seal and lost all of the oil, I replaced it and the second filter lasted about 30 minutes before it blew out the seal on the oil filter. The third filter lasted about 1 hour before it blew out the seal.

It is NOT the seal from the previous filter
I’ve read this post twice now. Where are we at on the oil seal, did the seal blow out or not? I’m kind of feeling :crazy::crazy: right now.

·
Premium Member
4,251 Posts
I put a oil filter on my Hemi Engine and did not notice the rubber seal stuck on the engine! So when I put the new filter in it blew out the seal just coming up to pressure. Pulled the filter saw the problem took out the old seal and put the new filter back on with it's seal on the bottom. Bet that is happening to this guy.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
I believe the filter is on the return/low pressure side of the system, so for it to blow there must be a blockage somewhere that is making pressure build.

Has the return screen every been removed and cleaned? Is the fluid clear? Machine stored indoors? I'm thinking worst case here but it's possible the fluid has grown an algae and is plugging the filter and screen.
The thread on hydraulic filter on a 1023E, 1025R and 1026R is actually on the charge pressure circuit for the propel system.
The only filter these tractors have on the implement side of the hydraulic system is the suction strainer in the bottom of the differential.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Does it look to you guys that the filter is pressurized by the charge pressure relief valve, which has no stated relief pressure value?

Reactions: Ray_PA and PJR832
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.