Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my first post after lurking in this excellent informative forum for a while. Attached are a couple of shots of the new configuration from JD. In that I am somewhat handicapped and the wife only registers about 100 pounds soaking wet we needed a little help in attaching/dropping our LX-400 bush hog and older model 550 rototiller. Both of those also required a few parts to make everything play together. Out here in the New Mexico desert we are growing a bumper crop of sagebrush and other weeds on our 9 acres and don't have enough grass to justify a MMM. After only a few days of use with the new attachment but having the tractor for a couple of months the learning curve is not too bad. The dealer loaned us the older model IM while awaiting for the new rig. I had him do the 50 hour service while he did the new install and they also are coming out next week to install the parts for the hood latch fix. It's good to be with you.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Here's my first post after lurking in this excellent informative forum for a while. Attached are a couple of shots of the new configuration from JD. In that I am somewhat handicapped and the wife only registers about 100 pounds soaking wet we needed a little help in attaching/dropping our LX-400 bush hog and older model 550 rototiller. Both of those also required a few parts to make everything play together. Out here in the New Mexico desert we are growing a bumper crop of sagebrush and other weeds on our 9 acres and don't have enough grass to justify a MMM. After only a few days of use with the new attachment but having the tractor for a couple of months the learning curve is not too bad. The dealer loaned us the older model IM while awaiting for the new rig. I had him do the 50 hour service while he did the new install and they also are coming out next week to install the parts for the hood latch fix. It's good to be with you.
I have seen the auto connect in the sales info, but I haven't seen one actually installed yet. Thank you for posting. I'm eager to hear how it works.

·
Administrator
17,137 Posts
:wgtt:
We are glad you finally posted!

I have seen the auto connect in the sales info, but I haven't seen one actually installed yet. Thank you for posting. I'm eager to hear how it works.
Yeah, I have only seen it in the brochures also.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nice! Looks similar to the autoconnect for the deck, just on the rear of the machine. The only issue I saw with it, is that you have to get the other components for every pto driven implement that you have, but very nice for people who need this!!

Thanks John Deere!

Jon
2012 1026R TLB, 60D deck, front quick hitch and 54" blade, Super Heavy Hitch, and IMatch(sadly old-style!)

·
Administrator
20,310 Posts
Great pics!

Cool post! I haven't seen the iMatch AutoHitch except in brochures.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,789 Posts
iMatch AutoHitch? I didn't know it existed! Go figure!

·
Registered
613 Posts
I am trying to understand the sales literature on this. Do you have to purchase the iMatch hitch separately and then the AutoMatch parts just add on to it or is the AutoMatch a complete unit? I realize you would have to purchase couplers for the implement side separately.

The iMatch runs around $350 and the AutoMatch runs about $500 depending on what dealer you talk to. How much does the implement side cost? Also, is the AutoMatch still compatible with non PTO implements such as Box Blades and such?

Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
iMatch with autoconnect

Hi Dave,
How is your rig working out. I have a 2012 1026R with iMatch and often use my Frontier RC2048 rotary cutter. I'm also working on thinning out and landscaping a 1-acre tract on my property and (naturally) can't navigate through the "woods" with the RC mounted. After three shoulder surgeries, connecting and disconnecting the driveshaft to the stub shaft is getting to be a real challenge. I priced out the two parts necessary to activate the autoconnect option:

LVB25675 – Quick coupler for tractor side
LVB24964 – Hitch kit for RC2048 side

Together, we're looking at about $900 from the dealer where I bought the tractor, although I haven't shopped around much.
Before I get serious about making the purchase, I was hoping for your perspective, since there aren't too many of these rigs in the field. Since I'm not planning to purchase multiple PTO implements, I'm not too concerned that each piece of equipment would have to be rigged to mate with the autoconnect.

Thanks for your help, and for posting!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I like it. I been think of getting one myself. Let us know how easy it works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts