Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
New to the site and the machine
Hoping to get an answer before I contact the dealer on this one.
I have a new (2weeks old) 1026R with a 60D auto connect deck and independent lift.
When trying to install the deck I'm finding that the mower lift arms do not lower fully.
Using the joystick will not lower them....... It lifts fine, just won't lower.......
I have to get on the ground, reach under and physically pull down the the arms in order for the arms to engage the mower.
Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.
GK

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have to do the same thing with mine. The MMM w/ ind. lift is hydraulic up and gravity down. I wish it was hydraulic up/down. It is kind of a pain in the butt having to get off the tractor and reach under to push the lift arms down while pushing the joystick.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to do the same thing with mine. The MMM w/ ind. lift is hydraulic up and gravity down. I wish it was hydraulic up/down. It is kind of a pain in the butt having to get off the tractor and reach under to push the lift arms down while pushing the joystick.
Kinda takes the "auto connect" out of auto connect.........
I wonder if others with the 3PH lift are experiencing the same?
GK

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Kinda takes the "auto connect" out of auto connect.........
I wonder if others with the 3PH lift are experiencing the same?
GK

I got my 1026R Friday with the mechanical lift. I removed the deck to adjust the lift linkage. Even with the 3pt arms removed, the rear rock shaft lowers all of the way down on is own.

Maybe a spring could be attached to the mid rock shaft or cylinder to assist in pulling the arms down all of the way.

After looking at some other threads about the 1026R independent lift, it should have a spring on it to assist in lowering the arms.http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compacts/2794-1026r-mid-mount-mower-independent-lift.html#post22027

·
Administrator
22,268 Posts
Welcome to GTT Groundskeeper!

:wgtt:

The independent lift is supposed to have a spring to assist in lowering the lift arms. Look underneath the left side floorboard at the lift cylinder.

Here is a pic looking down at it with the floorboard removed.
Auto part Machine Engine Metal

It's a pretty stout spring. I did find that my rockshaft had some binding in it. I removed the spring and rotated the rockshaft back and forth. I found that it was contacting the frame rail just a touch. After a little smoothing and realignment, it operates smoothly now.:hi:

·
Registered
146 Posts
So if the lift arms are not lowering when the joystick is moved, is it an indication that the spring is not connected? Could it be something else?

·
Administrator
22,268 Posts
It would definitely be an indicator of a missing spring. Binding could also be the cause. One would have to remove the mower and the spring in question to test for binding. It might not be apparent otherwise.

·
Registered
56 Posts
mine works just fine

My mid independent mower lowers smoothly with mower on or off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:wgtt:

The independent lift is supposed to have a spring to assist in lowering the lift arms. Look underneath the left side floorboard at the lift cylinder.

Here is a pic looking down at it with the floorboard removed.
View attachment 9186

It's a pretty stout spring. I did find that my rockshaft had some binding in it. I removed the spring and rotated the rockshaft back and forth. I found that it was contacting the frame rail just a touch. After a little smoothing and realignment, it operates smoothly now.:hi:
The spring is definitely there........However, I'm thinking that its connected incorrectly.
Looking at the installation instructions for the Mid Mower Hydraulic lift kit (LVU23135 I0) it appears that the left mower lift arm has two holes in it( upper and lower). I think the spring is in the lower hole........ not certain if thats the problem, but I'll check it out tonite.
Thanks............
GK

·
Registered
146 Posts
The spring is installed on my lift assy. When I get off the tractor to lower the lift arms by pushing down with my hand, they do not feel like they are lowering smoothly. It fells like they ratchet on the way down. Is this normal or could it be an indication of something binding?

·
Administrator
22,268 Posts
The spring is installed on my lift assy. When I get off the tractor to lower the lift arms by pushing down with my hand, they do not feel like they are lowering smoothly. It fells like they ratchet on the way down. Is this normal or could it be an indication of something binding?
This was the binding that I experienced with mine. It was the lift arms and the mower rockshaft rubbing each other and the frame. A few minutes with a file cleaned up the burrs on the edges of the lift arms.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This was the binding that I experienced with mine. It was the lift arms and the mower rockshaft rubbing each other and the frame. A few minutes with a file cleaned up the burrs on the edges of the lift arms.
My suspicions were correct, the spring was attached in the wrong location.
Although the arms now lower using the joystick, it takes about 10~15 seconds for them to fully lower.......normal?
Like you and JDPilot experienced, there is somewhat of a ratcheting action as they lower.
I didn't really notice any binding.
I'll take a closer look this weekend and see if I can find the culprit.

Overall, I really like this machine.
Suits my needs perfectly.
I'll spare everyone my comments on the dealership........
GK

·
Administrator
22,268 Posts
It does take longer to lower the arms when there is no load, but not 15 seconds. Maybe 5 or so.

I'm glad you found the issue. With time and use the mower lift will wear in and work easier. :good2:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
It does take longer to lower the arms when there is no load, but not 15 seconds. Maybe 5 or so.

I'm glad you found the issue. With time and use the mower lift will wear in and work easier. :good2:
Thanks Diesel.......
I hope you are right and it just requires a little more use.
Hope JDPilot gets his working correctly also.
It's a great feature, but not when you have to climb under there.......
Guess I'm spoiled, as I recall numerous "other" machines I've owned where removing/installing a mower deck was a royal P in the A.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Groundskeeper, was it an easy fix to relocate the spring position? What did you have to do to accomplish this? Tools needed?

·
Registered
162 Posts

Found both of mine the same but did have great success early on with plenty of lubrication. I also seemed to find that very slight deflection of the SCV had a better effect on the drop rate than going hard over......mot sure why though!

·
Administrator
22,268 Posts
Found both of mine the same but did have great success early on with plenty of lubrication. I also seemed to find that very slight deflection of the SCV had a better effect on the drop rate than going hard over......mot sure why though!
If you move the loader joystick to the right just half way, you're using it in the normal mode (one port gets pressure, the other goes to return). Full right, the SCV goes into regen mode which pressurizes both inlet and outlet sides. In this case it slows the mower lift dramatically. :hi:

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you move the loader joystick to the right just half way, you're using it in the normal mode (one port gets pressure, the other goes to return). Full right, the SCV goes into regen mode which pressurizes both inlet and outlet sides. In this case it slows the mower lift dramatically. :hi:
The reference was when moving to the left to lower the lift.....it seems to drop quicker with slight left movement than full left deflection....any idea why or possibly just an anomaly?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Groundskeeper, was it an easy fix to relocate the spring position? What did you have to do to accomplish this? Tools needed?
Hey JD,

Pretty simple, pair of vise grips to disconnect from the frame, then disconnect spring from the lift arm bracket.
Move spring to the hole just below the pin connecting the piston to the bracket.
Clamp the spring again with the vise grips and strecth that sucker until you can attach to the frame hole.

Look back at the picture that Dieselshadow attached........pretty clear as to where it attaches to the lift arm.
Hope this helps.

I'll probably give that entire area(rockshaft/lift arm brackets) a good shot of grease where they pass throught he frame and see if this helps.
I'll also agree with Diesel, and expect it to improve with use.

GK

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
The reference was when moving to the left to lower the lift.....it seems to drop quicker with slight left movement than full left deflection....any idea why or possibly just an anomaly?
Normal. Like Jason said if you snap it all the way to the right it goes into regen mode.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.