Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey JD,

Pretty simple, pair of vise grips to disconnect from the frame, then disconnect spring from the lift arm bracket.
Move spring to the hole just below the pin connecting the piston to the bracket.
Clamp the spring again with the vise grips and strecth that sucker until you can attach to the frame hole.

Look back at the picture that Dieselshadow attached........pretty clear as to where it attaches to the lift arm.
Hope this helps.

I'll probably give that entire area(rockshaft/lift arm brackets) a good shot of grease where they pass throught he frame and see if this helps.
I'll also agree with Diesel, and expect it to improve with use.

GK
Great! Thanx for the info GK!:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
146 Posts
All my lift assy needed was a little lubrication and it works perfect now. :yahoo::yahoo:

·
Premium Member
1026R. Grand Cherokee, Sante Fe Sport
1,502 Posts
Little help needed...

Ok so I finally got around to hooking the mmm back up. Unfortunately, its a problem.
It's got the independent lift on it. The Height knob is in the install position.

Now at first the arm was most of the way down. If I put my foot on it, it would go down and spring up slightly. I had my wife move the tractor forward while I held it down with a pry bar. It went in but never sprung the lock.

So I messed around for a while. Then finally hooked up the Black line to the lift. It lifted up but I can't get it to come down. Like it's up fully and sorta locked up...

I'm guessing its something simple. I anticipated this happening since I never remember anything unless I have problems. I hooked it up and unhooked it a number of times at the dealer, and it worked fine.

I just can't remember all the settings for the levers... So the black line is hooked up to mmm lift. The others are still on for the FEL.
The install knob it set at install.
The 3PT lever on the left side of the seat is set all the way back to mmm position(If thats what it is called)

I plan on checking if the spring on the lift is set correctly as referred to early in the thread. Right now I just want to get to the point where the lift can lower at all.

Anything obvious I am missing here? I just need to connect the black line for the mmm lift correct? Leave the others as the are?(Connected to the FEL)

Thanks for any help. Taking a break for a while to get a different take on it.

·
Administrator
22,396 Posts
Which way are you moving the joystick for raise/lower with the hose hooked up to the black port? If you're moving the joystick to the right, you could be moving it too far and into the regen position. Try hooking it to the yellow port and see if you can then lower the lift linkage. With it hooked to yellow, it should be left lower IIRC.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
It fixed itself

:good2: Well after watching the Bronco's/Ravens till halftime...Went back out to try out your suggestion diesel. But before that with the tractor off moved the stick around. Pulled it toward the lower (right) and stepped on the lift and it went all the way down(Unlike before it had no upward pressure at all). Climbed on started it, pulled forward, and popped it a bit hard.

It locked, and I climbed off to visually check that it locked.:good2: Then lifted it up and turned the Knob from install to "Lock". Tried to lower it and it stayed up like it should in the lock position.

So I learned a lot. If there is any upward pressure on the lift it won't lock on the deck. If I shut the tractor off I can lower the lift completly.

Now Diesel the Regen position you spoke of...what is that?

Oh and then I lifted all my Xmas stuff up with the FEL and put it away in the Garage attic. :)

·
Administrator
22,396 Posts
I'm not able to post a link at the moment, but Kenny has a nice article on regen in our library. Lots of good reading there. :good2:

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Reactions: Kennyd
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.