Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.greentractortalk.com/for...d-mount-mower-independent-lift.html#post22027

I've been following this thread trying to make clarity for the need in my situation. This is what I have: I am waiting on a Protero PV18 that will have a QH mount for the hopper. I cut my grass at or near the lock up on the MMM because it is best for the lawn. The hopper will stay attached all spring/summer/early fall (the main part of the growing season) with occasional FEL/3PT accessory work. I read on another post a 1026R user made a hold up retainer: http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compacts/4300-dragging-your-3-point-hitch.html
This appears to be a simple work around however; if I wanted to install an independant lift for my application, would that be little gain? What are the negatives?

Thanks, DE dirt

·
Registered
489 Posts
http://www.greentractortalk.com/for...d-mount-mower-independent-lift.html#post22027

... I am waiting on a Protero PV18 that will have a QH mount for the hopper. I cut my grass at or near the lock up on the MMM because it is best for the lawn. The hopper will stay attached all spring/summer/early fall (the main part of the growing season) with occasional FEL/3PT accessory work. I read on another post a 1026R user made a hold up retainer: http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compacts/4300-dragging-your-3-point-hitch.html
This appears to be a simple work around however; if I wanted to install an independant lift for my application, would that be little gain? What are the negatives?
DEdirt,

Since, like me, you're cutting the grass at or near the highest available setting and using the 3PH to raise/lower the MMM; you can avoid lowering your 3PH all the way down by simply setting the limit stop on the 3PH lever to match the point where the MMM stops moving down. I think you will find that your 3PH will be almost all the way up even when your MMM is at cutting height.

·
Administrator
22,426 Posts
This would be a great reason to have the independent lift on your tractor. However, it will be expensive. IIRC it's about $450ish just for the attaching hardware. (That's what JD calls it on the BYO (build your own) site.) Another member stated in another thread somewhere that the lift kit wasn't available seperatly. :unknown: I would think that you can get it, but I can't find a part number or the price. Of course it doesn't include the cost of installation. I would try and call your dealer's sales dept. to get a price for it. The BYO site does have a sales number that you can reference. Sorry I don't have that handy at the moment. :hi:

Another down fall of the IL is the hydraulic connection. You have to swap it out with the loader connection to use it, vise versa to use the FEL. JD doesn't have a diverter kit for this. I've thought about coming up with one myself.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IL kit; besides the expense, how goes the installation? Difficult question to ever answer due to the abilities of the installer but are JDs instructions pretty explicit :read ? Photos of the level/control would be nice and any others. To disconnect a couple hoses is gravy inconvience.
DE dirt

·
Administrator
22,426 Posts
I don't have all the details but I can tell you that it involves removing the floor pan and removing the existing lift linkage from the 3PH. You'll have to install the lift cylinder, return spring, and associated hose. I don't believe the mower lift rockshaft needs to be replaced. It looks like it will accommodate either lifts. Don't forget you'll need to revisit the mower adjustment and setup procedures after installation. I'll be glad to help you if you decide to go down this road. :drinks: My biggest concern is cost and availability.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
I have the independent lift on my 1026r. I do not see any down sides to haveing it. Would not want to be with out it. Dealer set it up that way, didnt even ask if I wanted it. I dont see the need to remove a hose a big deal. IF I do anything other than mow I take the mmm off. I do not understand why anyone would mow with the loader on, or do loader work with the mower on.

·
Administrator
22,426 Posts
It was more expensive than I remembered.:thumbsdown: The IL kit is p/n LVB26043 $619. Maybe your dealer will give you a break.:unknown:

·
Registered
160 Posts
I guess I just don't understand the converse... With the 1026R, and its greatly improved mechanical lift, I don't see why you'd ever actually need the independent lift. You don't drag the 3pt, even if you have it on which I usually don't while mowing, since all the mowing control is within the upper 1/3 of the 3pt range. And you get the admittedly small benefit that you don't need to attach anything at all to mow... All for the savings of several hundred dollars. To each their own though, the independent lift did its job just fine.

I originally had the independent lift, and my dealer was nice enough to exchange it back to the mechanical and apply the difference to my land plane.

Reactions: rwalsh96

·
Administrator
22,426 Posts
I got the IL just for the reason that I didn't know what I was going to possibly use the 3PH for with the mower attached. I didn't want limitations. So far I haven't needed it. As it stands now, I leave my 3PH with the iMatch pretty low for a lower center of gravity when I mow. I use it pretty regularly, so removing and installing the 3PH every time wouldn't be very handy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would think you would need
cylinder, pins, locks/cotter pins to mount the cylinder
Spring for cylinder return
Hose and fittings
And disconnect the mechanical lift shaft

This requires removing the
Seat
The plastic under the seat
A lowere plastic cover below the steering wheel
floor pan and mats

To install the cylinder the lift assembly needs to be disassembled as the cylinder pins are too long to fit without removal - the instructions for the ind lift kit are out of order the cylinder needs to be loose installed with the lift assembly

Overall the job is easy to intermediate in confusion and difficulty estimated time for the common mechanic 4hrs

Risk of injury - high due to exposed u-joints and drive shaft because there is a desire to test the system for correct operation with the engine runing before replacing all safety covers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.