Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All

Always have some small issues with the mmm but this really missed things up.

Do the bushings #16 go on the outside of the frame? Mine are are the inside and just backed out nothing to keep them from working out that I can see? (dealer install)

Thanks tony l

pictures attached

Attachments

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I think they just press in and hold by interference. Looks like it won't be fun to reinsert.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
I will confirm after work, but think the flange on the bushing should go outside the frame between part# 15 on the right. The left bushing flange should be outside the frame and between part # 31.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
I just looked on mine. Looks to be pressed in from inside the frame. Should go all the way through. Maybe a 1/16th" showing in the outside of the frame and 3/8" showing on the inside of the frame.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
If they keep working their way out, I'd clean them up good and press them in into the frame with some JB Weld.

Reactions: Levi and BigJim55

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Bushings go in with flange on outside. 15 and 31 next, with washer 17 and snap ring 18 last.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bushings go in with flange on outside. 15 and 31 next, with washer 17 and snap ring 18 last.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Thanks that what I was thinking, found several pictures with them in both ways look like my tractor was not the only one put together wrong..

"Jeff B" they slid back in real easy (to easy) using a bottle jack to left the shaft up

"56Nine" Thanks

"Levi" Looks like yours was done wrong also there is nothing to keep them from moving out of place. I but a hose clamp on the inside for now to keep them in place to mow the last acre
then will take it apart and put the bushing on the outside of the frame and convert to a hydraulic lift at the same time.

"AJgrn78" Thanks I like JB weld was thinking of that but the more I looked the more it seemed wrong. Slide the right side bushing out and measured it will fit both ways
(moved hose clamp lifted shaft a little bushed bushing out with my finger)

Thanks again ALL tony l

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Mine bushings are installed from the outside in.
Yep, whoever assembled yours, they installed them incorrectly. As you found out, there is nothing to hold them in on the inside of the frame.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Glad you figured it out!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Now I'm going to have to crawl under mine and see how they did me...

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Verified the larger size is on the outside of the frame. They will wiggle just a bit in the hole, but do not slide latterly on the shaft.

Hope that helps.

IMG_2706.JPG

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
"Levi" Looks like yours was done wrong also there is nothing to keep them from moving out of place.
Well I don't know if it's done right or not but it's on the way it is since I bought it in 2013. I didn't look to see how it was put on. Just took some measurements on both sides of the frame and not the which side was bigger to see how it was put on. It's so tight on the inside of the frame that I took for granted that's the way it was put on. Can't see the hole in the frame like the pic in the last post but it looks like that. Sorry for the mistake.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts