Green Tractor Talk banner

1026r on order!

Tags
1206r
8K views 44 replies 24 participants last post by  59ApacheDriver 
#1 ·
Greetings and salutations! First post here. I've been scouring this great forum for some time now. reading all I can about SCUTs. Great info here. A little introduction: I live in an old farm house on 2 acres in MA. It's almost completely lawn. I've had a JD 265 lawn tractor for the past 18 years and loving every minute of it. It's been an absolute work horse in terms of mowing and leaf collecting. It has a powerflow with JRco 2pt hitch trailer

Grassland Land lot Natural landscape Grass Lawn

Land vehicle Vehicle Lawn Grass Mower

I also have a Polaris 800 ATV for plowing and a Toro 1332 snowblower for my pond for ice skating. I've always dreamed of having a bigger unit with a FEL. That way I can get rid of all the other toys and only have one engine to maintain. So after much adieu, today I pulled the trigger on a very well appointed 1026r. I contemplated a bigger SCUT but thought I could get into tighter areas with the 1026r. Plus my neighbor has a full sized Ford if I ever need to borrow for larger jobs.

Here's the specs:

1026r
- imatch quick hitch
-Power Beyond
- Forward Lighting Kit
-Warning light brush guard
-Roll on- roll off
- H120 Loader w/ 49" bucket
-260 backhoe
-54 D " MMM
- 3pt hitch
-Auto PTO
- 47" Snowblower with all the hydraulic fixins
-3 bag power flow system
- 3 quick-tatch weights

with rebates, discounts and 60 mo. 0% financing, 27k even. Is that good? My dealer said I saved almost $3800

Dealer is waiting for the auto PTO coupling so it's gonna be a couple of weeks of agony playing the waiting game. I'll post some pics when it gets here most def!
Until that day....:peace:

See less See more
#5 ·
Hey Troutsniffer, you will surely enjoy the 1026. I just recieved mine on Thursday last week and put over 13 hours on it and really enjoy it. Of course you have a full load of toys there to have even more fun with.

I notice not too many guys talk about price. I suppose there are regional differences to consider also. Here in Alberta my tractor with H120 loader with quick release bucket was $15,500 before my $750 discount for buying two JD implements. I added a ballast box, 60" back blade, 48" rough cut mower, receiver hitch attachment, power beyond, and it totalled just over $18K.

#7 ·
Congrats on the new 1026R!

:wgtt:

I'm curious as to why you got the 54" deck instead of the 60"? It looks like you'd benefit more from the 60" with the pics you posted. You're going to love your new tractor!:thumbup1gif:

#9 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.

KHOP, I have a 12 x 16 shed that is currently getting a makeover for it's new tenant. I'll post pics when I get her done, I also have a detached 3 car garage with an open bay that my better half likes to keep clear but will do in a pinch.

Dieselshadow, I was thinking of getting a 60" deck but I have a lot of tight spaces under trees and around gardens that are not in the above picture. Also, directly left of the depiction, I have an even bigger slope up to the highway. Ultimately, my dealer talked me out of it saying he has heard a few complaints of the 60" scalping on slopes. He probably just had the 54" deck in stock is all :laugh:

Jester, I was on the fence about the backhoe (I still am). It's a lot of money. I know it'll be gathering more dust than it makes but I was thinking I can sell it in a year or two after I'm done with with the projects I have in mind. In for a penny in for a pound, that's me. :thumbup1gif:

#10 ·
Welcome Aboard!!!!

If you can 'swing' the backhoe purchase, you will never regret it!! Don't worry about it getting dusty! I've found projects, drain tile, power underground, and yes, even planting trees and rose bushes(!) that I never would have done without it! Besides, I gives the neighbors and relatives, something else to borrow, which always results in a Cold Beverage! !:lol: Again, Welcome to the GTT family.........~Scotty

#13 ·
I know the feeling. I ordered my 1026 over 2 weeks ago and the wait is killing me! My wife thinks I'm crazy. All I think about is the work I'm going to do with it. I really do need to stop thinking about it as the days just take too long to go by. We can hang in there together!

#14 ·
Mine is on order too! The tractor is here and the FEL but the 60" MMM is not due for two weeks. This tractor has some big shoes to fill for me. I am trading in my x585 after 10 years of great service. My hope is that the new 1026R is even better and more useful, plus it is a good chance to upgrade and get an FEL. My wife thinks I am crazy too, we have been to the dealer several times just to sit on the different models and check out the features.

#16 ·
Beautiful Tractor!!:thumbup1gif: Good luck with it.

BTW, I noticed that your dealer may have mounted your toolbox backwards. I posted a thread on this a while back, mine came that way too, and I couldn't open it all the way, the ROPS gets in the way. Turn it around and you should be much happier when you can fully open the cover.

Reactions: Troutsniffer
#37 ·
Here it is with the bagger, you did say no hurry! BTW, I am selling the bagger and chute (not powerflow), PM me if you live near or are willing to travel to central MA. I've used it twice. It's just not big enough for my needs.

Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Motor vehicle

Vehicle Motor vehicle Mode of transport Asphalt Grass

Asphalt Vehicle Mode of transport Street sweeper

#19 ·
Nice

I ordered mine last week also.

1026R TLB
front quick hitch
54D deck with autoconnect

I notice that you have a Honda Ridgeline also. I am on my second one and love it!

Jon

#20 ·
I ordered mine last week also.

I notice that you have a Honda Ridgeline also. I am on my second one and love it!

Jon
Yup, I love mine too. I bought it used last year it's an 08. I paid more for my tractor than I did for my truck! :cookoo:

#22 ·
Congrats on the new purchase!:thumbup1gif: I have had my 1026R for about two weeks now and I am loving it. You should have no problems doing all you need to do at your property. Good Luck!

#24 ·
:wgtt:

Glad to see you here! Post some pics if you can when she shows up. :hi:

#26 ·
John Deere will not allow you to purchase a FEL without selling you a ballast box. What I want to know is, why don't they just sell it as a package with the Fel and not sell to you as an extra?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#27 ·
I had ask my dealer to add it to my tractor purchase. It was not included. :unknown: I don't think it's JD's policy to sell one with every loader. It might be a smart idea, but it would raise the price of the loader.

Having a ballast box handy is a great idea. If you don't get one, you'll need some sort of ballast to use your loader at or near capacity. The back hoe is great ballast, just big and cumbersome compared to a ballast box.

#32 ·
With all said about the ballast box. What do people put in it for weight, I have never owned a machine before and I have no idea.
Ed,

Anything that's heavy. I have 6" rocks in mine right now. You can use sand, gravel, scrap iron, concrete, etc.

#33 ·
IIRC I put 6 or 7 50lb bags of gravel in mine. It was cheap, easy, and not messy.:good2:

#35 ·
Thanks ApacheDriver. This illustrates perfectly how some dealers (some sales people, maybe not the whole dealership) are very unaware of not outfitting their equipment they sell with the proper ballast for the customer's jobs. They need to educate their customers on the need for proper ballast along with making sure they have it.

#36 ·
Congrats on your new 1026r, the wait is tough....I know because I'm also waiting parts of mine to come in (I believe the mower deck). Holy cow, you loaded yours to the max....
I ordered the same as you except for the backhoe and forward lights, but I can see one attached in the near future...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.