Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:greentractorride:Thank you all for letting me join green tractor talk i,m thinking of buying a 1026r or a 2520 i tried both , and was very impressed with both still don't know which one to get any guidance would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
:greentractorride:Thank you all for letting me join green tractor talk i,m thinking of buying a 1026r or a 2520 i tried both , and was very impressed with both still don't know which one to get any guidance would be appreciated thanks
GT244...suggest checking out http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/10971-turning-radius-x758-vs-11025r.html POST #8. Some pertinent info there on both tractors you are thinking about.

- 2520 is a great tractor...more weight...stronger hydraulics. But don't plan on both a MMM and a backhoe. Not impossible to go between both implements...but IMO a major undertaking given sub-frame of backhoe.

- This is where the 1026R shines. The 1-series tractors are the transformer of tractors regarding implement change over, with little to no strenuous physical labor. I was pleasantly surprised by the power of my 1025R, particularly the FEL, but certainly not as strong as the 2520.

Good luck...both great tractors. :thumbup1gif: I second psrumors' suggestion...figure out why you need the tractor, then match your requirements to the capabilities/limitations of the tractor.

Mike

·
Registered
338 Posts
Both tractors are great. I love my 1025R for the size, changing attachments around, and capabilities of what I have done so far. My brother has a Cub/Yanmar sx3100 which is the same tractor as the 2520 with a few more hp and it is a great tractor. Like the power and feel of it. The hydros are very capable and a good drivetrain. The only thing that I do not like about it is the drive comfort. It actually seems tighter than the 1025R. There is no tilt steering, and the controls are pretty tight to the seat. I know I am a big guy, but I have knocked it out of range before when I was brush-hogging and turning in the seat. That is my only complaint with that tractor.

Either way you are getting a great machine. Personally for my yard size and what I do the 1025R is perfect.

Good luck with your decision.

Adam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts