Discussion Starter #1
What’s causing this error code-
1026r pre heat coil fault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the 1-series had glow plugs.....

A preheat coil is an intake heater like my 2520 has.
My 1026r does have a glow plug. I replaced the battery and it fixed the problem.

·
Registered
554 Posts
My 1026r does have a glow plug. I replaced the battery and it fixed the problem.

I can't figure out how replacing the battery solved the problem. I saw you posted an update to the another similar thread. In that thread, the OP found a short on his ground wire. Any chance you bumped into some wiring while replacing the battery and "fixed" the short temporarily? Do you still have the old battery? Wonder if it would work fine now as well. Dunno, just seems like a strange solution to that problem.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't figure out how replacing the battery solved the problem. I saw you posted an update to the another similar thread. In that thread, the OP found a short on his ground wire. Any chance you bumped into some wiring while replacing the battery and "fixed" the short temporarily? Do you still have the old battery? Wonder if it would work fine now as well. Dunno, just seems like a strange solution to that problem.
No. The battery was 6 years old original battery. Checked voltage several times and it was always different each time. Had a JD tech look at it and he said it was a new one on him. I was getting a fault code on the digital display.
New battery fixed the problem. 6 years is good for a battery my guess is it had cell (s) to go bad. If you get 6 years out of a car battery that’s pretty good. No shorts , bad fuses, relays or loose wires anywhere. I actually found a battery at advanced auto to meet cca & size dimensions that worked perfect, so a bit of money there with out have to purchase from JD dealer.

·
Premium Member
3,863 Posts
My Daughters Dodge Cummins would not start right in the winter till I put in 2 new battery's. It would crank and crank but not fire off? Once the new ones were installed it would fire right off. Once it could keep the right voltage to the fuel intake manifold heater and computer the engine would start. Never happened again once done.

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
I thought the 1-series had glow plugs.....

A preheat coil is an intake heater like my 2520 has.
That's interesting. I always thought the 2520 had glow plugs just like the 2720 and 2032R. You peaked my curiosity so I looked it up on JD parts and it looks like 2520 engines marked 3TNV82A-MJK, -MJKE have the intake heater and 2520 engines marked 3TNV82A-BMJK have glow plugs.

·
Registered
12,337 Posts
That's interesting. I always thought the 2520 had glow plugs just like the 2720 and 2032R. You peaked my curiosity so I looked it up on JD parts and it looks like 2520 engines marked 3TNV82A-MJK, -MJKE have the intake heater and 2520 engines marked 3TNV82A-BMJK have glow plugs.
mine must be the older one as it has a heater. which i tore apart to look at the first winter i had it. i watched it turn red with heat-so then my mind was ok with it. as i was used to glow plugs most of my working life. it hasn't yet let me done yet:good2:

and i had no idea the 2720's and 2032R's had glow plugs in em. learn something new every day:dunno:

·
Registered
22,752 Posts
I was pretty sure that some had the intake heater and some the glow plugs - that settles that - thanks!

mine must be the older one as it has a heater. which i tore apart to look at the first winter i had it. i watched it turn red with heat-so then my mind was ok with it. as i was used to glow plugs most of my working life. it hasn't yet let me done yet:good2:

and i had no idea the 2720's and 2032R's had glow plugs in em. learn something new every day:dunno:
I'll tell you - my tractor fires over so well when cold - not one spit or sputter. I was a little concerned also being used to glow plugs but it has proven to work very well.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
An old thread, but I wanted to update because I had a "pre heat cold fault". I researched and found this thread along with another one pertaining to this subject.

Long story short (maybe not), I was using the 1025R tractor to spray last weekend. I shut the tractor off after every load and to mix up a new tank full of spray. After the 3rd time of shutting down the tractor, it would not start so I could spray out the 4th load. I got the code mentioned above, BUT at the same time the instrument panel lights were also doing weird things, like flickering of an don rapidly.

I checked wiring, fuses, ground wires. Also did a check with the multi-tester. Battery was at 12.6 volts and as soon as I put a load on the battery by just turning the key on the voltage dropped down to about 7. Everything pointed to the battery, except the code. I tried even to put a charger on, but that didn't help get the 1025R started. Didn't try jumping it from the truck.

Picked up a battery yesterday at the dealer, but didn't have time to install it. I put it on a trickle charge overnight to make sure it was ready when I got a chance to install it. This morning I installed the battery after checking the voltage. Turned the key on and everything was back to normal on the instrument panel and there was no code alert. I went ahead and started it and ran it for 15 minutes around the yard.

So, I've had this happen with my wife's vehicle and now my 1025R. No warning that the batteries were going to go kaput in an instant and strange things happening with the instrument panels and lights.

BTW, it was the original battery in my 2013 tractor. Almost 7 years with that battery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts