Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From previous discussions about ability to run rear PTO implements on the 1026R without anyone on the seat, I recently received my Wallenstein WX370 splitter with PTO pump and verified.

If your on the seat, select brake and neutral range and pull the rear PTO engagement...when you get off the seat, the tractor will shut off. However, if you select brake, then neutral range and get off the tractor...engaging the rear PTO is allowed once your already off the tractor and will not shut down the tractor allowing the use of rear PTO implements.

·
Corndog Hater
11,236 Posts
I wouldn't be opposed to hearing how this splitter works behind your 1026R...or any pics for that matter. :good2:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Ya know JR

Now I will have to check this out on my 2305 as well as the manuals for both of these machines do not mention this operation. :unknown:

I am assuming the PTO selector is on the rear only for this to work?

Thank you for the info. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The splitter is fantastic! Do have to remove the shield for the PTO pump to fully engage but the splitter itself is very smooth and with the center off setup, the cycle times are minimal. Will post some photos in both orientations as this splitter is horizontal/vertical ready.

I was also surprised by the safety switch functioning and actually stumbled on it by chance. And yes, PTO set for rear only!

In addition, I'm guessing the system has a "timer" of sorts that would be set to differentiate between someone being tossed off a tractor in the case of a roll-over versus intentionally getting off to work on a rear mounted implement. Dependent on the timer settings, the process may fail if the PTO is selected on "immediately" after just standing up or lifting weight off the seat as it might still be in the window of detection for a rollover. By the time I get up, step down and get things set, some time has elapsed so be sure to give the system enough time to transfer between modes before making the PTO selection....even on your 2305.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Thank you for the update.

This is the kind info I like. Great Stuff! :thumbup1gif:

·
Corndog Hater
11,236 Posts
Ditto what Randy said! I can't wait for some pics. Thanks again :good2:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Glad to contribute and was wondering if the same setup is on your 2305?
Now the pressure is on, I will try and remember to check it out this weekend. :good2:

·
Administrator
17,250 Posts
I am pretty sure the 2305 does NOT allow for off-seat PTO operation, without modification that is...

·
Registered
771 Posts
After twenty years I recently had to replace the PTO seat switch on the 855. The old switch had three wires with a jumper wire coming off one of the wires going to the fourth terminal on the switch.

The new switch came with two wires and a green rubber plug blocking what was the third wire's hole and had no jumper . A letter in the parts bag said that the new switch would not allow for the PTO to be run while no operator was in the seat. Must be an OSHA thing. :unknown:

·
Registered
170 Posts
From previous discussions about ability to run rear PTO implements on the 1026R without anyone on the seat, I recently received my Wallenstein WX370 splitter with PTO pump and verified.

If your on the seat, select brake and neutral range and pull the rear PTO engagement...when you get off the seat, the tractor will shut off. However, if you select brake, then neutral range and get off the tractor...engaging the rear PTO is allowed once your already off the tractor and will not shut down the tractor allowing the use of rear PTO implements.
Great news!! What about the pics??

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Correct as usual.

I am pretty sure the 2305 does NOT allow for off-seat PTO operation, without modification that is...
Confirmed, the 2305 will not operate the rear PTO with the driver off the seat. I am glad they made that improvement on the 1026. :thumbup1gif:

·
Corndog Hater
11,236 Posts
Nice setup! Thanks for the pics. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Morning All.

Unfortunate Randy...was hoping this worked for you!

Photos of the Wx370 as requested......
Thanks JR, I have another machine that will handle this requirement just fine (2520).

Yup, really nice looking set-up. I bet you can split a lot-o-wood with that in an afternoon. Thanks for the pix. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The WX370 is available with the PTO pump direct from Wallenstein. I did have to make a minor adjustment to the torsional arm to provide a little more room during install/remove the pump but this also made it easy to clip a large carabiner from there to the hole in the hitch.

The unit is a pleasure to run............

·
Registered
572 Posts
Oh no RandyM, another case where practical application trumps technical jargon...

From the 1026 operator manual...
2. Check driveshaft length again, and shorten further if needed.
Using Rear and Mid Power-Take-Off (PTO)
IMPORTANT: Avoid damage! Use rear mounted equipment rated for 540 rpm. Do not operate mid or rear PTO over 540 RPM mark on tachometer.

NOTE: PTO operation for this machine is not intended to be used when the operator is off the seat. The safety interlock system will stop the engine and all implements if the PTO is operating and the operator leaves the seat.
Engaging the PTO
1. Sit on operator

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Oh no RandyM, another case where practical application trumps technical jargon...
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Good one.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'm going to have check this out on my 1026R, I don't have a splitter but would be a nice thing to know about the tractor.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts