Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to tell a dumb a_ _ attack I had the other day. While climbing up on to the BH ,I have a bad habit of raising the boom and using the raised boom as a support . Sometimes I hold to the hand hold or to the ROPS but not that often. Back in Dec with snow on the ground was using the backhoe. Climbed up on BH ,my knee or something , hit the boom lever and down I went thankfully down in a snow bank. OK blamed it on having to many heavy clothes on , no damage done.
This week digging a footer for my BIL . Put boom in raised position , put my right hand on boom , next thing I know I'm lying on the ground . Fell down on large pile of dirt , rocks found them pretty easy. Left ankle still caught on something up on BH , BIL helped get my ankle loose. OK I stand up slowly and everything seems to work ,,,GOOD. Felt something running down my forehead,,oh blood, had a cut on top of head ,no stitches needed...
Looked at shins little bleeding still no major damage. Several hours later ,noticed my upper thigh was hurting, I could feel a bump or something.
That evening taking my shower had a knot about 1" high and a circle about 6" across on upper side of my thigh. It didn't turn black and blue then, today it is some of the prettiest colors and sore,,,OH YEA..
I've decided to start using the grab handle or ROPS and to keep my hand off the boom . It only takes 2 times to learn these life changing moments...I know it should have only taken the one time.
Sometimes I wonder how I have managed to live this long without really hurting or killing myself. I guess God likes a good laugh ,every now and then !

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have come to the conclusion it takes longer for us to learn now days. :laugh:

By the way, it takes longer for us to heal also. :lol:

Hopefully no long term damage other than your ego.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,116 Posts
etcallhome, been doing that kind of stuff using our BH for 25 + years, it don't get any better:lol:..........................trust me.
Glad you're ok and glad it's not only me doing it.

·
Premium Member
14,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone.. I know it is taking several days to start moving without a LOT of pain. That or its the pain tablets starting to kick in ..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts