Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 260 backhoe installed and have the brush guards on over the lights on the ROPS. Now the tool box is unusable. Has anyone come up with a fix for this? I did a search on the forum with no luck.

I am looking at the possibility of re-fabrication of the mount so it pivots and locks with a pin. I am still in thinking mode on this one.

The backhoe works great!

Dennis

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
I looked at my dealer this past weekend and they have 1025r TLB models that have the toolbox on them. The toolbox has a different bracket that turns the box 90 degrees and moves it to the right side of ROPS. Right side of tractor when viewed from the back. May want to ask dealer if they forgot something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,876 Posts
I looked at my dealer this past weekend and they have 1025r TLB models that have the toolbox on them. The toolbox has a different bracket that turns the box 90 degrees and moves it to the right side of ROPS. Right side of tractor when viewed from the back. May want to ask dealer if they forgot something.

Mine came setup like the one at dealer.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I will check it out.

Dennis

·
Registered
709 Posts
I believe the toolbox relocation bracket should be part of the backhoe package.

·
Registered
373 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked with the dealer and I got the right bracket. So looked it over and decided to make the box swivel on the existing mounting bracket. The box now swivels from the new position to the old one with the Backhoe installed. When not in use it is stored in the old position on the side out of the way. For me it is better than not having a tool box at all. My dealer is also interested in it.

Items needed; 1 pc. 3/16"x3"x10.5" steel, 2 pc. 3/16"x3"x2.5" Steel, 1-3/8"x1 1/2" bolt, 2- 3/8" Fender washers and a 3/8" Aviation nut.

I found the best swing point on the new mounting bracket so the box would open enough to get things in and out and also miss the raised backhoe foot.

Drilled a 3/8" hole in the center of the toolbox.

Drilled a 3/8" hole (Centered) and 3 3/8" from the rear of the tractor mounting bracket.

Drilled 3- 3/8" holes in the plate mated up to the bottom of the toolbox.

Placed the 2- 3/16"x3"x2.5" spacer plates on top of each other and welded them together. Found the center and drilled a 3/8" hole in the both of them.

Note:When mounting the toolbox to the new plate with the two outside bolts, have the bolt head going up from the bottom so that the nut is on the inside of the box.

Put the spacer between the toolbox and the tractor mounting plate, add the bolt, Fender washers and nut and you are off.

Satin black paint and it looks factory installed. :greentractorride:

As for pics I will try when the sun comes out.

Dennis

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I checked with the dealer and I got the right bracket. So looked it over and decided to make the box swivel on the existing mounting bracket. The box now swivels from the new position to the old one with the Backhoe installed. When not in use it is stored in the old position on the side out of the way. For me it is better than not having a tool box at all. My dealer is also interested in it.

Items needed; 1 pc. 3/16"x3"x10.5" steel, 2 pc. 3/16"x3"x2.5" Steel, 1-3/8"x1 1/2" bolt, 2- 3/8" Fender washers and a 3/8" Aviation nut.

I found the best swing point on the new mounting bracket so the box would open enough to get things in and out and also miss the raised backhoe foot.

Drilled a 3/8" hole in the center of the toolbox.

Drilled a 3/8" hole (Centered) and 3 3/8" from the rear of the tractor mounting bracket.

Drilled 3- 3/8" holes in the plate mated up to the bottom of the toolbox.

Placed the 2- 3/16"x3"x2.5" spacer plates on top of each other and welded them together. Found the center and drilled a 3/8" hole in the both of them.

Note:When mounting the toolbox to the new plate with the two outside bolts, have the bolt head going up from the bottom so that the nut is on the inside of the box.

Put the spacer between the toolbox and the tractor mounting plate, add the bolt, Fender washers and nut and you are off.

Satin black paint and it looks factory installed. :greentractorride:

Dennis
Nice mod!

But.... "As for pics I will try when the sun comes out."

A FLASH CAMERA, Man, a flash camera!:laugh:

They sell every other good thing on this site so why not a "Photography Dealer"?:good2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts