Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Depending on the location and size of the break, it may be worth considering drilling and tapping for a pipe plug. :mocking:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks for the all input the PIN is 1LV1026RVCH212521.

I typically do not try the cheapest thing or make purchasing decisions based on price..., however I figure I have nothing to loose on trying the JB Weld option. My order of JB Weld, 4 gallons of hydrostatic transmission fluid along with a hydraulic oil filter arrived today.

My plan is to drain accordingly, clean and let dry for 24 hours, then apply the JB Weld, again let set for at least 24 hours. Hopefully I will get to it this weekend..., have some college moving commitments.

The intrusion is at the rear of the case in the middle on the bottom, however it is right at the start of the curve on the rear. Not sure a drain pipe plug would work, and I do not know what that is. Is that similar to a freeze plug?

·
Administrator
20,476 Posts
Can you post a picture or two?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
will do tomorrow, stay tuned, did figure out the pipe plug, I am thinking it is too close to the curve (edge)

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
If that housing is aluminum casting, I'm not sure you could weld it anyway:dunno:
It depends on the type of cast material and the weld wire. Sometimes you can and sometimes you can't.

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Okay, this might not help but. My 8 year old grandson is sitting and talking with me this morning. Here is our conversation:

Boy: Are you talking with your tractor buddies?
Me: Yep, this guy broke his tranny case and is looking for advise.
Boy: Grampa, you know how every technology has a reactor?
Me: Ya, sort of. (?)
Boy: Well your buddy should just take the tranny out and put a reactor in, things will be okay.
Me: Should I tell him that?
Boy: Yes, of course!

I love this kid!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,219 Posts
Okay, this might not help but. My 8 year old grandson is sitting and talking with me this morning. Here is our conversation:

Boy: Are you talking with your tractor buddies?
Me: Yep, this guy broke his tranny case and is looking for advise.
Boy: Grampa, you know how every technology has a reactor?
Me: Ya, sort of. (?)
Boy: Well your buddy should just take the tranny out and put a reactor in, things will be okay.
Me: Should I tell him that?
Boy: Yes, of course!

I love this kid!
You should sign him up on here, we could fix everything easy his way. :bigthumb: :lolol:

·
Registered
223 Posts
A prime candidate for JB weld, I say. Also not nearly as bad as I was envisioning though it could be the camera angle.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts