·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I see some have had this from new and it seems as though it is considered normal. Wonder why for some it has just started happening?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe I may have found the culprit for my issue. The timing rod was missing one of the pins as pictured. I put a bolt through temporarily and while the two cylinders aren't perfectly in sync, it is much better then before.

Not normal. Check the timing rod. That shiny rod that goes from left to right at the bottom of the carrier. Look for a sheared or missing pin.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here

I was told by the dealership that this is normal and that it's actually supposed to happen....hmmmm. Also, any ideas as to why my backhoe loses pressure and I can swing the stick and bucket freely WHILE THE TRACTOR IS RUNNING?. Again dealership's service dept has no clue.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I was told by the dealership that this is normal and that it's actually supposed to happen....hmmmm.
If they aren't physically tied together, then of course that is how they will work. Fluid will take the path of least resistance, which usually means one cylinder will operate until it hits a stop or resistance, and then the other. When both are fully extended or retracted, then the pressure relief kicks in if you keep the valve open.

Al

·
Administrator
17,944 Posts
Welcome to GTT

I was told by the dealership that this is normal and that it's actually supposed to happen....hmmmm. Also, any ideas as to why my backhoe loses pressure and I can swing the stick and bucket freely WHILE THE TRACTOR IS RUNNING?. Again dealership's service dept has no clue.
Have you read the thread linked in the post below?
Your backhoe is a separate and unrelated issue, best asked about in a new thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts