Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I used my 1026R for about three hours today with no problems. I came back later to do some mowing and it would not start. When I turned the key on the instrument panel kept blinking with all the items blinking. I cleaned the battery terminals, put a charge on the battery and had the same results. I tried playing with the gear shift to make sure it was in neutral. No luck......Any help??

·
Premium Member
14,887 Posts
MY guess have your battery checked. Sounds like it is NO GOOD.

·
Administrator
18,287 Posts
Yep, sounds like another case of early JD battery death. Check the voltage while trying to start and you'll see it probably drops to 3v or so.

Many similar threads on the same symptoms.

Reactions: etcallhome and Levi

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Hiya,

As with any no-crank situation, check the terminal, ground and starter connections before you decide to replace the battery. Poor connections are more common than people think.

Tom

Reactions: etcallhome and Levi

·
Registered
67 Posts
On my old 2305, I was mowing and pulled it into the garage to clean it up. I idled it down, shut it off, would not start again. The battery was shot-that quick. I checked everything-a waste of time. The tractor was only three years old. Never seen anything like it as there was no warning signs.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
My buddies battery in his 1023e just crapped like that. He has had the tractor less than three years but when he pulled it the date of the battery was close to 4 years so. I am going to guess that since he doesn't put a lot of hours on his tractor that the sitting for long periods of time helped in its early death. That maybe what happened to yours. Put a volt meter on it and trying cranking it, if the volts drop below 8 or 9 it's done for.

You can source a battery at your local auto parts store instead buying a JD battery. It will still probably be over $100 because it is AGM type battery they stick in there these days.

You will thoroughly enjoy trying to get that thing out of the tractor. JD must have made that an after thought when they found the place to stick in the tractor. It appears in a highly inconvenient place and my friend agreed as much when he replaced it. :greentractorride:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts