Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the two wires (blue, red) that terminate at the opening of the left side panel? I popped the panel off to wire a switch and noticed them hanging right in the opening.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
I was wondering the same thing today when I was in there wiring a switch for my work lights. :unknown: :unknown:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone have a wiring diagram? I would think someone would know w/o one- so many informed folks on GTT!

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are also one each- purple and black unused bullet connectors near the base of the ROP. Boy, I need a wiring diagram:laugh:

Given the location of blue/red wires under the dash, I suspect they might be used for the switch knock-out at the same location. What factory accessory switch would normally be installed here? If you had the factory aux lights (backward or forward kit) would that be wired to a switch? Or do they just integrate that into the normal lighting knob switch?

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
There are also one each- purple and black unused bullet connectors near the base of the ROP. Boy, I need a wiring diagram:laugh:
I do know that these are for aux lights. The forward kit comes with a splitter for both lights.

Oh, and they integrate with the existing light circuit.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I do know that these are for aux lights. The forward kit comes with a splitter for both lights.

Oh, and they integrate with the existing light circuit.
X2 Jd aux lights plug right in.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK Great info here. THANKS

That would save me from running wires as long as I don't care about the aux lights being on with the main lights.

Still wondering about the switch knock-out and unused leads on the left side under console.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bubber,

You are probably right on this. I would still like to find out more if anyone has details.
I did a GTT search for "Mower Lift Switch"

Excerpts from an earlier thread on mower height issue:

"It's kind of the "mystery" option. You can see a wire called out to this non-existent switch in the wiring diagram. There's a plug below the dash for the switch. However, there's no switch listed in parts. There's nothing mentioned in the manual or any other place on the Deere site."

and

"the dummy plug on the lower dash was for an Independent Mower Control Switch. Does Deere have any plans to actually make this available?"

·
Administrator
22,258 Posts
You guys are 100% correct. It's for the non-existent mower lift solenoid. Red is hot, blue is the switched output to the solenoid connector located on the back side of the fuse panel. The other side of that connector is ground. Not sure what the JD engineers were planning. :unknown:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wonder if I could use it for an attachment project. What's the rating on the hot wire? The blue would have been switched? and connected to the fuse panel- I don't follow you. Is the idea for juice to pass through the switch, then through a fuse at the panel before the hypothetical solenoid?

·
Administrator
22,258 Posts
The red wire is fed by F8 rated at 10 amps. However it appears to be the main feed to the instrument cluster and everything connected to it. But yes, the blue is the switched lead which runs back to the connector X09 on the back side of the fuse panel. That connector has the blue switched wire and a black wire to ground in it. The diagram doesn't show the blue wire going back into the fuse panel. It just shows the connecter located behind it. I'm not sure what rating the solenoid has. It gives no further information.

My guess is they used a momentary switch to open a electrically operated valve to lift the mower hydraulically. When released, I'm betting the valve routes the hydraulic fluid back to the return side and allowed the mower to drop. I kinda like the idea. Again, just a guess...

·
Registered
153 Posts
There also appears to have been a proposed horn switch on the dash with the horn mounted next to the battery.....thats not on my R how about yours?:empathy:

·
Registered
489 Posts
I hardly ever use the horn on my truck ... why would I need a horn on my John Deere?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If they can't hear the screaming diesel and move out of my way, they deserves to get run over.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I hardly ever use the horn on my truck ... why would I need a horn on my John Deere?
Im thinking more on the lines of ,HONK,HONK,HONK....I need another beer thanks honey....I cant get off the tractor itll stall....lol:lol::lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.