Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In February when I traded in my 2720 for a 4120, I kept the Woods GB60 box blade that I had used on the 2720. I planned to use the 60" box blade on my 1026R to grade some areas that are to tight to get the 4120 into. I have wondered since that time if I had made the right choice or if I should have traded it for a 48" box blade.

This evening I decided that the ground had dried out enough near my barn, to give it a try. I was surprised how well the 1026 handled the 60" box blade. The ground was still soft from the winter thaw, but it was dry enough
that I got good traction. A couple of times I had the box full of dirt, the 1026 pulled it just fine. I did have 6 70lb weights on the front. I am sure that helped with the traction.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I'm still waiting to try out my new 54" Land Pride BB w/my 1026R, not a lot of clay or rocky soil in the area, it should work just fine.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I was on JD web site on building your tractor. I have a 1025R. The Box blade choice was 48" or 60"
When I was at Tractor Supply they had a 60 box blade. It look good and had good reviews and hundreds of dollars less than the JD. So I bought it. Thing maybe it was to big.
After grading about 1 acre of dirt to make it flat. I was surprised how well the tractor pulled the 60" box.
I had no wheel spin. I do have my tires loaded with Rim Guard and the bucket was on the front of the tractor.
The box never was full of dirt or the tines were never very deep in the ground.
I guess it all depends how you use the box. For my use it worked out fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts