Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my Artillian forks several weeks and I decided to add a ballast box to my tractor so I can quickly add ballast when the backhoe is not attached. Here are the materials along with a couple of extra bags of concrete and mortar to see if I could get the tractor say uncle. It lifted slowly and wouldn't go higher than 3 or maybe 3 1/2 feet. The welds and quality are outstanding, I am extremely happy with this product, thanks Chris (Ensoll).

Here is the break down.

12 x 80 lbs bags of concrete = 960 lbs.
JD Ballast box 88 lbs
Total 1048lbs + weight of pallet.

Land vehicle Tractor Vehicle Agricultural machinery Grass

Vehicle Green Lawn Yard Grass

Reactions: Artillian

·
Administrator
21,290 Posts
Nice pictures, they sure tell the tale of what these tractors can do!

Just one thought though:
12 x 80 lbs bags of concrete = 960 lbs.
JD Ballast box 88 lbs
Total 1048lbs + weight of pallet.
Don' forget to add in the weight of the forks! That is impressive lifting power for a "small" tractor!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The forks and the bucket are about a wash. JD specs the loader at 800 lbs, this is about 270 lbs more than JD claims (throwing in 20 lbs for the pallet). I suspect I would have been able to go to max height if the ballast bucket wasn't so far forward.

·
Artillian Tractor, LLC
1,541 Posts
Bethesda,

I'm really sorry for not catching this thread until now. 16-17 hour days aren't leaving me much time to keep up with the important stuff....

I am grateful that you are happy, satisfied, and pleased though I wouldn't settle for anything less!

On the subject of your thread, the most I have been able to lift with my 2520 and forks was (17) 42" forks strapped onto a lightweight steel pallet. Keep in mind that the forks were standing up and ganged at one end of the pallet (the close end, of course). This equates out to 1066 lbs plus the weight of the pallet at about 40 lbs. The pallet was lifted from the back of a dock height truck box at 4 ft elevation above ground height. If I recall, the final "lift" was done by curling the loader as opposed to raising the loader. Needless to say, I moved very slowly until clear of the back of the truck and then carefully dropped the load near to the ground for transport.

Amazing machines, these tractors...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bethesda,

I'm really sorry for not catching this thread until now. 16-17 hour days aren't leaving me much time to keep up with the important stuff....

I am grateful that you are happy, satisfied, and pleased though I wouldn't settle for anything less!

On the subject of your thread, the most I have been able to lift with my 2520 and forks was (17) 42" forks strapped onto a lightweight steel pallet. Keep in mind that the forks were standing up and ganged at one end of the pallet (the close end, of course). This equates out to 1066 lbs plus the weight of the pallet at about 40 lbs. The pallet was lifted from the back of a dock height truck box at 4 ft elevation above ground height. If I recall, the final "lift" was done by curling the loader as opposed to raising the loader. Needless to say, I moved very slowly until clear of the back of the truck and then carefully dropped the load near to the ground for transport.

Amazing machines, these tractors...
Here are some more amazing pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chris,

What is the status of your backrest for the pallet forks. I am very interested.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chris,

Here is a little more marketing material for you. This one was definitely in the 1000 to 1100 lbs range.

Vehicle Tree Soil Logging Forest

·
Artillian Tractor, LLC
1,541 Posts
Hey Bethesda,

Impressive, as usual. That looks about the same as one I pulled up recently. It was just a little too heavy for the 2520 to get off of the ground. How on earth did you get that thing dug out? I know the 46 won't work on a stump like that.

Thanks for the pic!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Bethesda,

Impressive, as usual. That looks about the same as one I pulled up recently. It was just a little too heavy for the 2520 to get off of the ground. How on earth did you get that thing dug out? I know the 46 won't work on a stump like that.

Thanks for the pic!
Irene did all the heavy work, I just cleaned up. It was a heavy stump, I couldn't lift any higher.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The Artillian has been the hit of the neighborhood.

I started a home renovation in early November... tons of branch and tree removal, etc... and the little 2320 has been a superstar. I have been terrible about pics, but I did take a couple this past weekend... used the forks to push brush up on a burning pile... a huge pile and with the forks curled down to a 90 degree angle with the ground, + 2000 RPM's, 4WD and low gear... the 2320 turns into a brush pile tank... amazing stuff.

·
Artillian Tractor, LLC
1,541 Posts
Hi Sawmill, glad to hear everything is working well for you. I'm sure you will just keep finding things that couldn't be done without your tractor.

Not meaning to change this into a "stump" thread, but here are some pictures of a wicked wicked wicked stump I had to excise recently the hardest of ways. I took the oak tree down a couple of years ago and was hoping the stump would be soft enough to yank by now. Hardly the case. Being right next to a monstrous boulder, it had actually grown around the boulder. When we finally got it away (indicated by a deep and loud "Pop/crack!"), part of the stone came with it. Thankfully, I happened to have a jackhammer, a 10 ton port-o-power, and a 4 ton come-a-long on hand. Otherwise, I would have simply had to bring in an excavator for this one. The stump is about 18" at the sawcut. Once out of the ground, it measured about 6 ft long. The 2520 was not able to lift it, yes, even with the "helium filled" Artillian forks.:(

For whatever it's worth, I wouldn't necessarily recommend doing this to everyone. We took it very slowly with the port-o-power. She pumped the cylinder slowly while I watched for any slippage. Also, the come-a-long was only used for the coup d'etat once the port-o-power was moving freely.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts