Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! Haven’t been on here in a little while, but here I am. One of my side grills were very beat up, so I fixed it best I could. I’d like to replace it, but they seem to be tough to find. Could I make a new one? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
I haven't been able to locate aftermarket side panels for the small 50 series JDs, honestly I haven't looked that hard. I have a 750 and both screens are knocked out and missing. Seems all the body parts I have inquired about for these older tractors are very expensive. So I just run it the way it is and it looks rough.

I would assume you could make one... matching the factory look may be difficult. You could make two so they match if you are concerned about aesthetics.

Reactions: SuperSherman44

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve been searching for one on the internet, the cheapest one I found was $75! That’s insane. Though I found a mesh on amazon that I think is incredibly close to the original. If I end up getting it (I think I will), then I’ll make a thread on making a new one.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Mine are in good shape, let me know if you need pics

Reactions: SuperSherman44

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
75$ seems like a steal...

I think mine are in the hundreds but also the same as some small 4xx garden tractor........i gotz a 955

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
$75 doesn’t sound bad to me. Were you hoping people gave them away? By the time you subtract shipping and fees the seller isn’t even taking home $40

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
19,790 Posts
Hey all! Haven’t been on here in a little while, but here I am. One of my side grills were very beat up, so I fixed it best I could. I’d like to replace it, but they seem to be tough to find. Could I make a new one? Thanks
I made the two side screens and front screen for my 750. I have a section of screening left over. I'll check the measurements and get back to you. If you what it, it's yours for the shipping cost.

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: AJgrn78

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
75$ seems like a steal...

I think mine are in the hundreds but also the same as some small 4xx garden tractor........i gotz a 955
If I remember correctly, I think they’re incredibly similar to the 430’s slant nose grill.

·
Registered
Yanmar clacking
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I made the two side screens and front screen for my 750. I have a section of screening left over. I'll check the measurements and get back to you. If you what it, it's yours for the shipping cost.
If this screen I got doesn’t work, I’ll take you up on that offer. Thank you flyweight. That’s a generous offer 👍 :)

Reactions: trav and flyweight
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.