Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...

My 3010 needs a new tach, and I have a choice of a white or red needle.

It is white now, but it but the fuel gauge is red needle. I am not sure what has been replaces and what has not.

Which color is correct for '62?

Registered
Hi all...

My 3010 needs a new tach, and I have a choice of a white or red needle.

It is white now, but it but the fuel gauge is red needle. I am not sure what has been replaces and what has not.

Which color is correct for '62?
You could check with some of the restoration companies that advertise in Green Magazine. It seems more likely to me that over 50 plus years that the fuel gauge would be more likely to be changed. What color is the temperature gauge needle?

Premium Member
My guess is white :dunno:

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
You could check with some of the restoration companies that advertise in Green Magazine. It seems more likely to me that over 50 plus years that the fuel gauge would be more likely to be changed. What color is the temperature gauge needle?
I would have to check... Seems to me the temp needle is white, but I cannot get to the tractor right now. I'll do some more checking.

Tractor is in the shop right now getting the steering motor re-built and some hydraulic leaks fixed. Having a guy who was a JD Mechanic for 30+ years work on it for me as a winter / fill-in project. I had it on a soybean auger for a couple of days this past fall and had to keep adding hydraulic fluid. If I'm going to keep it around, I want some of this petty stuff fixed up!

Thanks for the suggestions!

Registered
Keep us posted on it. I, for one, like the New Generation and Gen II tractors.

Registered
My guess is white :dunno:
Dad's 1963 4010-D had the original tach/hour meter and the tach needle was white. The tach/hour meter was about the ONLY thing that wasn't FUBAR'd by the prior owner, or wore completely out, or broke and needed to be replaced by the time we got rid of it! It was the newest tractor we had and easily the worst! It's history of breaking down and needing constant repair continued after we got rid of it. The young kid that bought it right out of the repair shop with a new engine & PTO clutch had an M&W turbo installed on it at his expense, and less than a year later came over expecting Dad to pay for some or all of the transmission/rear end failure. Yeah, That didn't happen!

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
The young kid that bought it right out of the repair shop with a new engine & PTO clutch had an M&W turbo installed on it at his expense, and less than a year later came over expecting Dad to pay for some or all of the transmission/rear end failure. Yeah, That didn't happen!
That took some guts! :mocking:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts