Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 1968 110H earlier this year. I proceeded to blow the 8 HP Kohler. Has anyone attempted a repower on a 110 like this with a Harbor Freight Predator 670cc 22 HP, 39 ft. lbs torque?

First time poster -

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Your '68 would be a tight squeeze for for that predator. I am afraid you would have some major modification to make it work which would compromise the design of the tractor. Certainly the PTO would be an issue. Perhaps a rebuild of the k181 can be done cheaper than you realize. How early is your '68?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Of the K series, the k181 is the largest of the small block K series. there is very limited space between frame rails and I would expect the predator to be too large to fit without cutting. I would suggest comparing the footprint of the K181 to the predator as a starting point.

·
Registered
13,588 Posts
For a vanguard you can fit a 17 or 18 in, but not the 23 hp one that fits hydrostatics. I would expect the same problems with the predator. If I recall even the 13hp predator one requires cutting hood supports.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.