Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone moved my 72 110 when i wasn't home and now the button on the speed adjust lever won't go down and I can't increase my forward speed. Not only can I not remember what that selector for speed on the right hand is called but also I was sure I read somewhere about the button not pressing down and what to do. I can't find that!
Is it broken? help! Thanks!

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,756 Posts
Variator Lever. RED arrow.

Below is a parts breakdown.

Your Variator Lever might be in a bind. Move it back and forth while repeatedly pushing on the button(#2). It may come loose. :dunno:

The ROD(#6) might be sticking inside of the Handle(#5). Apply a lubricant around the button, allowing it to run down inside the Handle(#5).

Over time, the Spring(#3) get weak, and need to be replaced.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,923 Posts
I think you want a bit of backward pressure on the lever if it’s binding up at the latch.

Check your park brake, the lever should still be free, but stranger things have happened.

Finally you can put lube on the latch from the outside. The trim on variator handle should have the notches cast into it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
With the engine running, in neutral, and your brake/clutch not depressed try slight backward pressure on the handle and push the variator button down then move it to desired position. If that don't work try doing the same thing with the brake/clutch pedal in different positions and in gear. Don't move the variator when engine is not running, if you do then start engine to move it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts