Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can hardly wait.....

It looks like the bell housing that the FEL attaches to is going to need to be replaced.
Is it just a poor design that always ultimately breaks even after you replace it?
Are the replacements any stronger than the original?

Anybody had it replaced?
How costly was it?

·
Administrator
17,125 Posts
Greg, there was quite a few threads on the TBN forum a few years ago about this issue-I don't think it was ever discussed here however. Google searching that forum or in general should turn them up.

Everything I remember reading however all pointed back to loose/missing loader bolts.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Greg, the bulk of your 110 post seem to indicate your 110 was rode hard and put away wet. And while there are others who have had the bell housing issue it appears to be linked to lack of maintenance and bolt torque as Kenny indicated. The replacement of the bell housing is fairly extensive from what I can tell. I believe TBN had a post where one of the owners had some success welding up the crack if memory serves. That may be worth considering.

Matt

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've seen on Google some where about that issue.i get under the one I use and check for cracks all the time. I told my uncle about that issue couple years ago he was like great.it was common problem. Good tractor.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I believe I've seen reference to 3 cases of this failure. If I recall one guy had it happen twice. I'm diligent about keeping the loader bolts tight to avoid this issue.
I think I'd try a weld repair first if the cracks are minimal.

Matt

·
Registered
359 Posts
I've seen this issue discussed a few times before on TBN. And.. as others have opined it appears to be the result of "hell bent" operation and poor maintenance.

I'd venture that the replacement cost; labor and materials would be in the $6K region. Maybe $7K here in Alaska, with most diesel shops charging $110/hr.

My 110TLB has around 1,700hrs now, and most likely 1/2 of those hours are working the hoe. Everything from burying horses.. Yep, horses; to water lines and power cables. Alot of trees and stumps along the way.

Hard digging - 1,650 to 1,700rpm. Most time @ 1,500rpm.

Looked at a real nice, Kubota M62 TLB at the State Fair. Set up with hyd thumb, 3-way loader hyd, HD buckets front and back. Belly armor shield, stabilizer shields. All the good - stuff! $70K!!! :gizmo:

That's nearly double what I paid for the 110 in 2008!

But... That $7K for a bell housing R/R is a 10% down payment...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts