Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to find reference for one but not having too much luck.

Is this a make your own with goop situation, or does someone like Fel-Pro/JD make one?

(If it's a DIY situation, I can see why I have a leak)

G

·
Administrator
17,122 Posts
Greg, you should register (for free) at jdparts, its the same basic system the dealer uses at the parts counter. Here is helpful thread to get you started: http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/forum-help-suggestions/14081-how-use-john-deere-parts.html

I went to alphabetical, then to O, then Oilpan to get this. It's my/our pleasure to help, but you might want faster answer than what I/we can provide sometimes.

JDP just shows "sealant" so there is no manufactured gasket it appears.

110TLB.jpg

Flywheel Housing And Oil Pan (4TNV88-BMJTLB) (711001 - )

CartkeyPART NO.PART NAMEQTYSERIAL NO.REMARKS
1M810326Housing1
2CH15738Cap4
319M7402Cap Screw8M10 X 25
4M808639Oil Pan1
5AM881955Cover1
6T111565Plug1
7M806433Washer1
8T110645Pipe1
9CH19093Bolt14
10T111562Bolt4
CartkeyPART NO.PART NAMEQTYSERIAL NO.REMARKS
1119M7864Screw20M8 X 12
1219M7800Screw8M8 X 50
13AM875375Case1(SUB FOR RG60617)
14M805278Seal1
15M808308Bolt9
16M64850Sealant1

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I crawled under and had a look and it is just a very poorly done job of an RTV oil pan gasket.
Judging by what I am seeing, whoever did the little repairs and maintenance was very mechanically challenged, to put it as nicely as I can. Nothing major just a little restoration needed of real parts like pins instead of nails.
Maybe I am a little anal, but I just don't understand stuff like not putting the pins back instead of nails and not keep track of parts as you take them off.

·
Administrator
17,122 Posts
Greg,
One thing to pay particular attention to is the bolts that hold the loader structure onto the castings of the tractor-right in the mid section. Many threads on the TBN forum about these getting loose and cracking the castings, as you can imagine that's not good!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll take a look at those bolts when I'm down there tomorrow.

Once I pull all the pan bolts it looks like it can just slide out to the side...right?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Greg,
One thing to pay particular attention to is the bolts that hold the loader structure onto the castings of the tractor-right in the mid section. Many threads on the TBN forum about these getting loose and cracking the castings, as you can imagine that's not good!

Sounds like a candidate for Devcon repair.
Epoxy sorta goop that you trowel in and can be drilled, tapped and machined. Very popular with the military. I learned about this being a machinist.
It's insane stuff. You buy it according to what material you are fixing.

Devcon

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Greg,

The bolts into the bell housing are as tight as can be, yet there is a crack, but not a separated crack.There are also two bolts toward the backhoe end on the same holder bracket and the bottom bolt on both sides is just loose enough to be able to spin the flat washer....

Soon as my new metric open/box end wrench set gets here (those are big bolts) I'll tighten them up.

Meanwhile......
NO THE OIL PAN WON'T COME OFF EASILY.
It appears as thought the front axle drive shaft has to be removed first. From looking at the JD parts site it looks like I have to peck out a roll pin and then slide a splined connector back to let the drive shaft drop down (I hope) and out of the way.
This explains why they did such a half....hearted job on the gasket.

I know.....adversity gives you strength......or something like that
:banghead:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OMG

I guess the last bozoheads that tried to fix the oil leak tighten the bolts so tight that it cracked the oil pan (cover) inboard from the bolts in about 4 places.
Just priced the AM881955 and they want a whopping $400 for it.

Drip Drip Drip

·
Administrator
20,301 Posts
Can you have it brazed?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts