Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I started my tractor and noticed that neither my fuel or temp gauges activated. I shut the tractor down and started looking for a fuse labeled for gauges. I couldn't find anything so I popped the fusebox cover off and started pulling fuses. I noticed that the fuse for my alternator "10amp" was burnt. I looked around for a rubbed wire or something but all looked good so put in a new fuse. All was good until I turned the key and pop bad fuse. I completely unhooked the alternator thinking maybe it went back put another fuse in turned key and pop again. I moved he seat up and looked at the wires coming from the fuel float traced them back a good ways and again saw nothing obvious. Does anyone have any ideas or places to look for an issue? I hate to take to a dealer as I figure it is something simple but with no wire diagram so see what is run off that fuse for sure I don't know where to look.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Probably a sort somewhere, either in a wire or component but with out wiring diagrams going to be a hunt and search to find it.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
When fuse blows do you loose electricity to inj pump fuel control solenoid? If so unplug cold start sensor on thermostat housing & install another fuse & try again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When fuse blows do you loose electricity to inj pump fuel control solenoid? If so unplug cold start sensor on thermostat housing & install another fuse & try again.
My vote is for this sensor bad too. Disconnected move over year ago. Intended to replace sensor....never have. So far haven’t seen need to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting I will try that. Is this like a typical truck and car where as the thermostate is located where the top hose from the radiator connects to the engine or is a tractor different?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well no go. Unhooked that sensor, sensor on water pump, and block heater still pops fuse as soon as you hit the key...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To be clear with the Alt fuse is blown not the starter relay fuse that I've seen a lot of threads for on this model tractor. Mine will start and run seemely fine. The only indicators of an issue are that the fuel and temp gauges are dead. I'm assuming if I were to run the machine enough the battery will eventually go dead since the alt fuse is blown.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts