Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't seem to find where to get the 12 volt actuator for snow blower deflector ?

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also installed the one from Merit Automation. Fantastic addition!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I utilized this one, $35.00 shipped:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-Car-DC-12V-44lbs-20KG-Heavy-Duty-Linear-Actuator-Lift-Electric-Motor-200N/302509533221?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=601340762528&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I believe they're all made in China. You can pay more for the others, but I'd speculate you'll be getting the same thing.

No matter what brand you go with, you'll want a unit with a 4" stroke and a low lift force (less than 50 pounds). They offer them in heavier lift capacities, the only thing that is different is the gear ratio of the internal mechanism. The higher weight rated units will certainly function, but the higher weight results in a slower lift.

I utilized a combination of 1/4 bolts, nuts, nylock nuts, and fender washers, all stainless steel, to mount mine. It'll mount in the existing holes on the chute. I can take a photo, if you'd like.

I also mounted mine with the gear mechanism up, to minimize the amount of melting snow or water that can seep in between the moving shaft and the plastic collar:

DSCN0148.jpg

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Deflector

I utilized this one, $35.00 shipped:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-Car-DC-12V-44lbs-20KG-Heavy-Duty-Linear-Actuator-Lift-Electric-Motor-200N/302509533221?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=601340762528&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I believe they're all made in China. You can pay more for the others, but I'd speculate you'll be getting the same thing.

No matter what brand you go with, you'll want a unit with a 4" stroke and a low lift force (less than 50 pounds). They offer them in heavier lift capacities, the only thing that is different is the gear ratio of the internal mechanism. The higher weight rated units will certainly function, but the higher weight results in a slower lift.

I utilized a combination of 1/4 bolts, nuts, nylock nuts, and fender washers, all stainless steel, to mount mine. It'll mount in the existing holes on the chute. I can take a photo, if you'd like.

I also mounted mine with the gear mechanism up, to minimize the amount of melting snow or water that can seep in between the moving shaft and the plastic collar:

View attachment 528498
THANK YOU
very nice tractor ,nice garage, how do you like r4 tires for snow work , I put them on my 1026r they seem fine , just wondering what you thought?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
THANK YOU
very nice tractor ,nice garage, how do you like r4 tires for snow work , I put them on my 1026r they seem fine , just wondering what you thought?
So far the R4s have been OK. To qualify that, we haven't had much snow, just bitterly cold (-25F). I haven't tried it on any grades, either. I do have fluid filled tires and 16*42# suitcase weights on a dual row Heavy Hitch receiver/weight hanger drawbar. I haven't engaged the front wheels, either.

I had turfs on my 455, no fluid fill, 8*suitcase weights and I needed chains for the grades.

I'm hoping to avoid chains, as they leave marks in the pavers, that are on a grade, when the tractor looses traction.

You may want to think about a 46 Snowthrower rather than the 47 or 54. I had the 46 on both of my 455s and there was never anything it wouldn't handle. Not much of a difference in how far it'll throw snow, either. It seems I'm always waiting on the 47. When I finish a pass, I have to wait for the auger to clear out before I back up, as it takes a few seconds. So if I backup like I was accustomed to with my 46, it'll throw snow where I had already cleaned. It also leaves a pile at the end of a pass, where the 46 didn't.

I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse as I think I should have just installed the upstop, driveshaft, and line extenders on the 46s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts