Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
until we'll get our new nAno-caravan. It's the right size for the 550 and I've ordered a longer towing bar so that we can take the bicycles with us...

Imagine, that the Smart is the 550 - I'm so excited to see BAMBY meeting GATOR! More pics you'll find at nano-caravans Bilder

Registered
Cute couple!

Registered
Discussion Starter #5

Registered
90hp? That's 3x my last motorcycle that topped out at 70, and 1/2 my last snowmobile and I'm not sure I'd want to have it power that car with a load.

I don't mean to knock your choice. I honestly hope you enjoy it fully. I live near mountains which kick the daylights out of most economy cars without a load.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
90hp? That's 3x my last motorcycle that topped out at 70, and 1/2 my last snowmobile and I'm not sure I'd want to have it power that car with a load.

I don't mean to knock your choice. I honestly hope you enjoy it fully. I live near mountains which kick the daylights out of most economy cars without a load.
No prob, I've bought the caravan, not the little Mercedes :thumbup1gif:

Registered
The little nAno BAMBY appears to be well made from the manufacturer's site pictures...and quite a bit lighter than most alternatives here in the US. These retro 'teardrop' style trailers are becoming more popular here as well (along with restorations of the originals from the 40's and 50's...) My folks had one when I was a kid with a small kitchen under a hatchback panel in the rear.

What are the rules there concerning towing your new trailer on roads with your Gator?

Chuck

Registered
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The little nAno BAMBY appears to be well made from the manufacturer's site pictures...and quite a bit lighter than most alternatives here in the US. These retro 'teardrop' style trailers are becoming more popular here as well (along with restorations of the originals from the 40's and 50's...) My folks had one when I was a kid with a small kitchen under a hatchback panel in the rear.

What are the rules there concerning towing your new trailer on roads with your Gator?

Chuck
The Bamby is really "manufactured", Chuck. We drove the 160 km (100 miles) to the lil factory and ordered the caravan as we want it. Everything is handmade and so it takes time to finish the order. Bit it's no real teardrop, because it has no kitchen in the rear - as you've seen on the hp. If we go to holidays, we'll make holidays and so my wife (or myself) are not interested in cooking aso. It's a "better two person tent with a hard roof"...

The caravan needs a license and the allowed total weight is only 499 kg, for the trailer. That's all. And so the BAMBY is the best two person caravan I can get - for towing with the GATOR :thumbup1gif:
And our first destination will be Luxembourg in September, visiting Batti Patatti on the potato festivity again, after 5 years. But 5 years ago, I took the ride with my JD 3120.

edit: The pic of my avatar was made 2011 at the Gromperefest in Binsfeld. And here some pics from the trip.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Today I was passed by a smart car on the highway and it took 10 miles to get back past him. Karma 鈽
Yep, the ridable booties are faster than they look :flag_of_truce:

Registered
Thanks for the pictures of your 2011 event -- my language skills in German are quite inadequate for the article (high school was 50 years ago for me, and I only had two semesters of class back then...) but the pictures show enough to get an idea of the travel involved.

I would not know how to "camp" without cooking -- and stemware is not optional even in hunting camp.

IMG_1240.JPG

Chuck

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Because of the populousness here in Germany, you'll find no hunting camp as you do in the USA. It's more likely to find a fishing camp, but normally camping is only allowed on camping grounds. And open fire is not willingly accepted...:cray: But when we meet us at a tractor show, the rules must be broken :laugh:

Registered
The local auto race track diggs a 40' pit for a fire at their annual 250. I've seen boats, golf carts and cars get pushed in. 馃槸

I agree with Chuck that camp is an extra reason to make good food, and good drinks although I put less into presentation, a stainless mug works for everything, or I won't complain about a solo cup.

Registered
I agree that I will gladly accept anyone's hospitality on the terms they are comfortable with and have had my share of beverage from a paper cup. But it is a nice touch to have real stemware when you are serving a good Fume' Blanc with the grilled Copper River Salmon, wild rice pilaf and Caesar salad as seen in the above photo.

It has taken a while to convince this motley crew that it is OK to indulge ourselves this way on a serious deer or elk hunt, but we never over-imbibe and we are sharp next morning before dawn.

Chuck

Registered
That sounds like an excellent feast by the fire. It's best fresh out of the river, but during hunting season trout can be brought in in coolers.

I have annual tradition of a midnight kayak on the ocean and a desolate island lobster feast. It started smashing shells on the rock, last year there were sides, and good beer for dinner.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Keel laying has happened - Luxembourg, we're coming :yahoo:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts