Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I went through my 120 I approached it like the resto-mod of the auto world. I built it to be used and wanted to do things that would improve usability. None of my changes are permanent and can easily be reveresed. After usinging it regularly for over a year I cannot see why one would remove these things.

First tweek: - Thrust bearing on steering box
Taking the idea from Dave Kirk and applying to the 120 was a bit of a challenge as the bearing from Kird did not fit on the 120 box which I fully rebuilt. After a bit of searching I found a bearing from Graninger Supply and put it to work. It is a bit overkill but did help.​

From what I can tell these both tweeks will work on any 110/112/120/140/312/300/316K.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
While it was apart I replaced the center link with a new one from Deere since I could not come up with a replacement myself. I also upgraded the tierod ends with pieces I picked up from Speedway motors. They are available in right and left hand thread so it was simply replace the old one with the new ones. I am sorry I don't have the part numbers handy but this gives you an idea. I am going to apply this formula to my 312 which will serve in snow removal duty.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,708 Posts
Travis,
Nice improvements/upgrades. Looks good.:thumbup1gif:

Reactions: Trav1s

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks T!

I am amaze at how easy this 120 steers with the upgrades. It would be dangerous with a spinner on the steering wheel. :greentractorride:

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Terry, would you want to "pin" or "sticky" this one? I can hunt down detailed parts info if you do.

·
Super Moderator
2,708 Posts
Terry, would you want to "pin" or "sticky" this one? I can hunt down detailed parts info if you do.
It's a sticky now, so go ahead and list the parts used, etc.

Reactions: Trav1s

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The 77/78 312 also use these same tie rod ends. I just ordered them for my 312 and will install them when the frame is cleaned up and repainted. Each of the tie rod ends are $10.99 at Speedway motors as of today. Part numbers are as follows:
1750225 - RH
1750425 - LH

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These pieces also fit the drag link on the 1984 and up 316 with the Onan engine. I will be upgrading one of those later this summer when it arrives at my place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts