Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 1209, my first haybine. Gonna go over it in the morning, check all the fluids and give it a good greasing. From what I can tell upon inspection the conditioner drive shaft have a little slip causing some minor banging of the conditioners. Will it be catastrophic to run it or can I work 3rd crop then make minor fixes?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Is there a way you can post a video of it running with sound? Kind of hard to give an answer without actually seeing/listening to it. Hopefully you can provide one and I am sure you will get many opinions. Also, how many more acres and what kind of crop do you still need to cut?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will see if I can get video in the morning. I have 20 acres tops, 2 acres are thick oats/Hay I seeded this spring, the rest is thin grass, alfalfa mix.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The gear to gear contact felt good, just noticed slop in the u joints, it's not what I would consider horrible by anymeans, but definitely worn. Owner said he just mowed with it, but I'd like to be cautious as I can't afford another or a major repair on this 1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts