Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive tried sending a message to Artillian about this, but got no reply. Maybe this will work.

Some time back, I was looking into buying a used diverter kit from someone, but it was from a 1025R. I contacted Artillian at that time to ask if it would work with the 2025R as well, since its the same loader. A very quick reply told me that there were actually two options depending on the tractor it was to be used on. The 2025R kit had longer hoses, and that was the only difference.

I cant seem to find anything now about two different kits. There is only one listed on their site.
What I cant find out is, did they just lengthen the hoses for all of them, or are the hoses the 1025R length, and thus will be tight on the 2025R?

It makes sense that the 2025R would need longer hoses, since the loader sits further away from the operator station vs the 1025R, so Im just trying to figure this out before I order one and regret it due to short hoses.

·
Super Moderator
2,158 Posts
Ive tried sending a message to Artillian about this, but got no reply. Maybe this will work.
Hmmm.... was this message sent since the 'lockdown' ? Wonder if they're closed until further notice. I've got an email out to the Green Dealer for 3 weeks now without a response, even though their website says they're still open and shipping.

·
Super Moderator
5,093 Posts
I think you may be confusing yourself as well as them.

Artillian doesn't sell diverter kits based on whether you have a 1025R or a 2025R. It's based on the loader.

The Generation 1 2025R used the H130 loader. The Generation 2 2025R uses the 120R loader.

So the original response you got from Artillian is correct. There are 2 different kits. Which one you'd need depends on which generation 2025R you have because they have different loaders.

There are also 2 kits for the 1025R. One for the H120 loader and one for the 120R loader.

·
Super Moderator
5,093 Posts
Oh, btw, Curtis isn't an "essential business' here in MA so most of their people are either working from home or furloughed for the duration of the pandemic shutdown.

·
Premium Member
9,077 Posts
Oh, btw, Curtis isn't an "essential business' here in MA so
Whoever decided that certainly doesn't know just how essential a grapple is.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you may be confusing yourself as well as them.

Artillian doesn't sell diverter kits based on whether you have a 1025R or a 2025R. It's based on the loader.

The Generation 1 2025R used the H130 loader. The Generation 2 2025R uses the 120R loader.

So the original response you got from Artillian is correct. There are 2 different kits. Which one you'd need depends on which generation 2025R you have because they have different loaders.

There are also 2 kits for the 1025R. One for the H120 loader and one for the 120R loader.
Maybe I am confused. Its been a while since my earlier conversation about it with them. Somehow I thought they did due to hose length.
Since Ive read of one member buying new hoses from the diverter valve to the quick connects under the floorboard on his 1025R because they were a bit short, I have to think there is no way that will work on the 2025R, since the loader sits further forward, and thus, further away from the ports, making the already short hoses even shorter, and likely too short.

I suppose I should have just asked about getting longer hoses in the first place, and avoided the confusion, but then I thought they used to have two lengths. I suppose since my dealer just quoted me about $950 for Deeres kit installed, as long as I get the grapple too, and the Artillian is almost $800 shipped, maybe Ill save myself the trouble of even worrying about it. Just thought Id try to save a bit of money if I could.

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts
Maybe I am confused. Its been a while since my earlier conversation about it with them. Somehow I thought they did due to hose length.
Since Ive read of one member buying new hoses from the diverter valve to the quick connects under the floorboard on his 1025R because they were a bit short, I have to think there is no way that will work on the 2025R, since the loader sits further forward, and thus, further away from the ports, making the already short hoses even shorter, and likely too short.

I suppose I should have just asked about getting longer hoses in the first place, and avoided the confusion, but then I thought they used to have two lengths. I suppose since my dealer just quoted me about $950 for Deeres kit installed, as long as I get the grapple too, and the Artillian is almost $800 shipped, maybe Ill save myself the trouble of even worrying about it. Just thought Id try to save a bit of money if I could.
Did the dealers quote include the kit to extend the lines up to the front of the loader, or was it just the 3rd function?

Two hoses on the original kits were a bit short, but they have since resolved that issue. FYI (for others reading) I have made longer hoses for a few customers to fix this on th eolder kits.

I do know that Tom at Artillian is working from home, so I assume most others are as well,

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did the dealers quote include the kit to extend the lines up to the front of the loader, or was it just the 3rd function?

Two hoses on the original kits were a bit short, but they have since resolved that issue. FYI (for others reading) I have made longer hoses for a few customers to fix this on th eolder kits.

I do know that Tom at Artillian is working from home, so I assume most others are as well,

Yes, that was the whole thing. The extra line kit was $200 or so.

I tend to forget that whats considered essential business in one State is not in another. Our tractor shops, parts shops, etc, are all open here.
Heck, sometimes I tend to forget about all thats going on with the whole social distancing/quarantining thing, as Im not really a people person anyway, and have been doing this most of my life, so its normal to me.
Probably doesnt help my social skills much though...

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts
Yes, that was the whole thing. The extra line kit was $200 or so.
That seems like a great price, I thought I've read they were $1200+

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That seems like a great price, I thought I've read they were $1200+
It does. I cant say for sure that it includes 100% of necessary parts, but it was the kit itself with the valve, which was $750 or so, and the line kit that was $200 or so.
I had considered buying the DIY valve and having hoses made up, but I have no idea what fittings Id need, and for simplicity's sake, I figure a ready made kit is better than trying to DIY the hoses myself, but it I can save a bunch, who knows.

One thing I found out about the Deere kit is that the 3rd function operates like a true 3rd function. Its not a diverter like the Artillian and your valve. The down side to that is, its ON or OFF. No flow control really that I can tell. And then Ive read the switch in that handle they use can be prone to failure (might be confused about that one too...Ive been confused a lot lately).

I think Im getting way off track for an Artillian topic...might start this somewhere else to discuss the other options further.

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts
One thing I found out about the Deere kit is that the 3rd function operates like a true 3rd function. Its not a diverter like the Artillian and your valve. The down side to that is, its ON or OFF. No flow control really that I can tell. And then Ive read the switch in that handle they use can be prone to failure (might be confused about that one too...Ive b
Correct...but I've read that you can still only do one function at a time because of the low flow pump. True or not I don't know, but seems likely to me.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Correct...but I've read that you can still only do one function at a time because of the low flow pump. True or not I don't know, but seems likely to me.
Im thinking the same thing...which is why the extra cost doesnt make sense to me. Im cheap, lol.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just to conclude the thread, Ive spoken to someone at Artillian via email, and they were very helpful.
Ive ordered the kit, so thats that.

I can not say whether they are shipping items or not, as I dont have a shipping confirmation yet, but they are getting back with inquiries, its just taking a bit longer than normal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts