Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed on my 120R loader when hooking up to various JDQA attachments that one loader arm is definitely lower than the other at the JDQA point. One side is consistently lower than the other by about 2". At first I thought it was just caused by unevenness of the ground, but lately I've been storing my loader attachments on concrete so it's not an issue with the ground. Tires all check consistent.

I don't think there is any kind of adjustment. If something is bent I visually can't tell what is bent. Any thoughts on what more I should check...or maybe I shouldn't worry about it? Once the attachment is on, the difference is less...maybe an inch from one side to the other.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
had similar situation with my 1025R ... the cylinder shaft on the hydraulic ram was bend ever so slightly.. it hung up causing one side to be lower than the other..

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
The right side is the first to get hydraulic fluid. The other side will lag one way or another just a little.

Reactions: 2mtrucks

·
Registered
339 Posts
Check the synchro bar that runs between the boom arms, attached with pins. Very often the pins get worn or holes expanded. The play in that bar, end to end allows the arms to move slightly out of sync.
The easiest fix is to simply replace the loose pins with bolts.
I am willing to bet that is the issue.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
The holes in the loader sync pin holes wear quickly, become larger, and the end result is the condition your seeing. This is not considered an issue by Deere. It hurts nothing other than being a pain in the ass, and it is not covered by warranty. The pins themselves are hardened, the bar is not, and I doubt you'll bend those pins.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,470 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out how those holes can wear out when there's a bucket or some other attachment connected and both QA brackets move at the same time.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out how those holes can wear out when there's a bucket or some other attachment connected and both QA brackets move at the same time.
I doubt the lifting forces/cylinders or booms or whatever are ever exactly the same, let alone unequal loading of buckets, forks, etc. Slight differences will always be present and can be controlled with a simple mechanical connection. I bet there is quite a bit of torque at play, trying to separate the arms.

My buddy had that happen to his and the dealer could never figure it out, called it normal. What a simple fix too.

I have not had the issue, but I still may replace with bolts, proactively.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,470 Posts
I doubt the lifting forces/cylinders or booms or whatever are ever exactly the same, let alone unequal loading of buckets, forks, etc. Slight differences will always be present and can be controlled with a simple mechanical connection. I bet there is quite a bit of torque at play, trying to separate the arms.
While there may be some flex in the bucket, I find it hard to believe it's enough to cause those holes to wallow. Of course, they do wallow so there must be something going on that I'm just not able to visualize.

Why not use a rectangular timing bar that has way less rotational ability?

·
Registered
181 Posts
interesting enough i have a similar issue on my 21hr 1025r. my bucket or any attachment does not sit level left to right. the right side is roughly ¾ to 1in higher than the left. i took a measure from a level floor to the bottom of the loader mounts and sure enough the right side is ¾ to 1” higher than the left. i don’t think there is any adjustment there...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Just to be clear. Loader Arm or bucket connector? The Loader arms should (I think) always be level and equal. The bucket connector feet (not the right term, I'm sure) get fed hydraulically one side and then the next. So as long as the sync arm is still pinned in place it's evidently "normal" for one connector to lag behind the other. Doesn't make sense to me either.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Also check your tires. Mine was off about an inch last week. Keyed the digital portable compressor to the set for the tires (R3 radials) were 35psi on all 4. Let it pump them all up on auto, Bucket was then perfectly level With tire pressure corrected.

FYI mine was off by 2.5PSI across the rears and that was an inch. Fronts were the same when I adjusted.

Reactions: ejb69

·
Registered
126 Posts
While there may be some flex in the bucket, I find it hard to believe it's enough to cause those holes to wallow. Of course, they do wallow so there must be something going on that I'm just not able to visualize.

Why not use a rectangular timing bar that has way less rotational ability?
A rectangular bar would require a round
OD bushing with a matching hole to allow the rotation relative to the boom that occurs during curl.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
The timing pin (bar) is cold rolled steel and the attaching pin is hardened steel. If you do a good amount of loader work as I do, you'll notice the twisting motion that occurs at times when lifting a load, digging etc. It is very easy to see if you lift a heavy load with just the corner of the bucket. At that point the pins work against the timing bar in opposite directions and the holes in the timing bar will elongate a bit. If you look at my pictures you can see this. And, although this may not look like a lot, the elongated hole can result in a couple of inches difference between the two bucket mounts when pushed in opposite directions, something you can do by hand. The timing bar is sacrificial, allowing the loader frame to resist twisting.

·
Administrator
20,876 Posts
Because the timing rod is also the pins for the lower pivot of the JDQA couplers, so every time you dump/curl the rod tried to turn with the shoes/paddles.

Reactions: MarkEagleUSA

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,470 Posts
Because the timing rod is also the pins for the lower pivot of the JDQA couplers, so every time you dump/curl the rod tried to turn with the shoes/paddles.
Guess I haven't looked at it closely enough...

·
Registered
159 Posts
No explanations or solutions from me. Just chiming in to say I have the same issue on my 2025r with 30hrs on it. I was actually thinking about making a post here about the issue so I'll be following this thread closely. Not only are my loader couplers out of sync but I also noticed the left side of my bucket always touches the ground first when I'm on level concrete. The loader couplers don't bother me too much when attaching the bucket but they are a major pain in the ass when trying to use the load and go brackets to pick up the mower deck.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
My dealer was kind enough to take pictures of a new 3E. There is a 3" difference side to side on a tractor that just came off of the truck from Deere.

Reactions: alanaka24

·
Registered
2036R, 220R MSL, 72D, 270B
17 Posts
interesting enough i have a similar issue on my 21hr 1025r. my bucket or any attachment does not sit level left to right. the right side is roughly ¾ to 1in higher than the left. i took a measure from a level floor to the bottom of the loader mounts and sure enough the right side is ¾ to 1” higher than the left. i don’t think there is any adjustment there...
I have thew same issue with a new 2036R. I think you need to check tyre pressures then start by measuring the heights of the loader attaching brackets (bolted to tractor). The one on the Right side of my tractor is higher, I believe left & right might be made slightly different. This throws the loader off.
I'm thinking about seeing if i can get another bracket under warranty.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts