Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,013 Posts
The hydraulic flow on the 1025R is limited. This causes you to be unable to use multiple functions at the same time. With practice you can find the sweet spot on the joystick where 2 functions will occur, but it's painfully slow.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
It takes some practice. Of course I'm a heavy equipment operator so it comes natural to me. Patience is the key. 😉

·
Premium Member
9,283 Posts
You’ll get used to it.

Mack here is going to show us how to operate his rear blade once he’s done painting another doodad

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
You’ll get used to it.

Mack here is going to show us how to operate his rear blade once he’s done painting another doodad
Ha ha your too funny there guy. 🙄😜

Reactions: MattL and Kbar

·
Registered
390 Posts
The hydraulic flow on the 1025R is limited. This causes you to be unable to use multiple functions at the same time. With practice you can find the sweet spot on the joystick where 2 functions will occur, but it's painfully slow.
I have been looking for that sweet spot for nearly a year now! It has eluded me so far.

Reactions: Kbar

·
Registered
595 Posts
I am glad this topic came up today. I just saw a similar discussion about 1025R having the same shortcoming and someone said the higher flow on the 2025R made the two function control work. It doesn't work too well on my 2025R and I was wondering if I had something wrong.

I hadn't given it much thought because I am used to it and can fiddlestick it to get things to work after a fashion. My previous tractor was a 3320 and it wouldn't do two functions under load either, so I figured it was just the nature of the beast.

@Rule292 - I'm no operating engineer but the 60 ton mobile crane I ran before retiring had pilot operated control valves. Now that was sweet. Also, I see by the car in your profile pic that you really are a fan of plastic hoods. My car has one, too. Well, to be fair, the hood is carbon fiber but the rest of the body might as well be plastic just like my tractor.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I am glad this topic came up today. I just saw a similar discussion about 1025R having the same shortcoming and someone said the higher flow on the 2025R made the two function control work. It doesn't work too well on my 2025R and I was wondering if I had something wrong.

I hadn't given it much thought because I am used to it and can fiddlestick it to get things to work after a fashion. My previous tractor was a 3320 and it wouldn't do two functions under load either, so I figured it was just the nature of the beast.

@Rule292 - I'm no operating engineer but the 60 ton mobile crane I ran before retiring had pilot operated control valves. Now that was sweet. Also, I see by the car in your profile pic that you really are a fan of plastic hoods. My car has one, too. Well, to be fair, the hood is carbon fiber but the rest of the body might as well be plastic just like my tractor.
(y) Quite a few plastic car guys on here. Duramaxsky, Firewood Bandit and a few others.

I'm a big fan of plastic or carbon fiber hoods, superchargers and 3 pedals on the floor of my vehicles.

Funny thing is the first thing I noticed when I moved the tractor for the first time is that I couldn't lift and curl the bucket at the same time... so much for self leveling loader!

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,013 Posts
One of the reasons I got the 2025R was because it had increased hydraulic power. Reading on this forum I got the idea that was a good thing. Guess I didn't read that about the lift/curl/dump 'touch' thingy.
More practice.
Hydraulic pressure is what gives you power, flow (GPM) is what gives you speed. The 2025R doesn't flow much more than the 1025R so the system isn't that much faster. Higher GPM's also enable the use of more than one function at a time. These smaller machines just don't have enough flow out of the box.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
With my 2025r I can do two functions at the same time except for dump and lift. It will do it but the sweet spot is very small. I don’t think it has anything to do with the flow, just not the greatest valving setup.
Agreed. Needs a Kenny fix. 😉

Reactions: Mackford13 and Kbar

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
The Kubota BX I had before would easily do two functions at the same time. It didn’t require a deft touch. Like already mentioned by someone it does slow things down. On that Kubota the loader was painfully slow at times when doing two functions. It came up mostly when I was doing snow removal, that combined with the small bucket made using the FEL for snow removal tedious.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,424 Posts
The Kubota BX I had before would easily do two functions at the same time
My 1988 JD 650 was the same way.
The hydraulics on these small tractors nowadays are Junk.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
My 1988 JD 650 was the same way.
The hydraulics on these small tractors nowadays are Junk.
Smacks of outsourcing/offshoring where the engineer has a lack of subject matter expertise.

Wonder if they are HEMA or JD designed?

·
Premium Member
9,283 Posts
It’s a single function design on the smaller pumps and the control valve to the loader. It’s all designed to restrict us from grenading our little green toys and flooding the dealer with tractors that wet themselves and won’t move

Reactions: Mackford13 and Big

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Kbar, very funny.
But surely they wouldn't do that on purpose! :rolleyes:
Anyway, my backhoe can move simultaneously in multiple axis. I can move the boom (right/left and/or up/down) at the same time as I am retracting the dipper AND uncurling the bucket (and vice-versa).
Admittedly, I have spent more time using the BH so have more time on the levers. But it wasn't much of learning curve to figure out you can do multiple things at once on the BH.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.