Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Starting tomorrow, John Deere is offering a $1250 Implement Bonus on the 1 Series. This is much better than I have ever seen before on them. No, it's not an April Fools joke.

1 Family Tractor Incentive Enhancement
Effective01April2014,theimplement bonusonthe1FamilyTractorswillincrease from $500 to $1250 with the purchase of 2 or more John Deere or Frontier implements. This is the most aggressive implement bonus that has ever been offered on 1 Family Tractors and is positioned to aggressively allow you to promote and grow yoursalestopropertyownercustomers. The0%for60monthsfinancingwillremain unchanged and can be stacked with this increased implement bonus. This implement bonus will be available through 02 June 2014 as part of the Deere Season Green Tag program

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wi new tractor purchase

do I have to buy another tractor to get the bonus on the implements or can I just buy two more implements and get a discount?
Sorry, but this for the purchase of a new tractor.

There is another promo right now. Register at your dealer's drive Green Event and get $500 off the tractor and/or save $200 on $1000 worth of attachments.

I believe Mutton is running their Drive Green event right now.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

That is impressive.

Welcome to GTT
Thank you. Just took delivery of my new 1025R today though. :-(. Might have been able to convince the wife to get the tiller if I'd gotten the extra bonus dollars

·
127 Posts
What a deal!

We were just as shocked when we saw this promotion come across our desk as well! :lol:

And YES, we are currently having our Drive Green Event at our South Location in Fort Wayne, IN -- More details HERE

Taking advantage of this new $1250 rebate, we have our 1 Family priced out with packages starting at $13,499 for a 1023E TLM package and $15,199 for a 1025R TLM package -- and this doesn't include the $500 instant discount for coming and visiting us for our Drive Green event which is over this weekend!

Also, John Deere is currently running their Add More campaign where you can save $200 w/ select tractor and gator accessories purchases over $1000. Not a bad time to save some money from the good folks in the Green and Yellow!

Have any questions? Feel free to give us a call and we can let you know more about these and other promotions going on at John Deere dealers across the US!
1-888-284-9606​

·
Registered
13 Posts
So less than 12hrs before this increased incentive was announced I signed the deal on my new rig... I swear I have the worst luck in life.. Haven't taken delivery yet, dealer says he doesn't think we can roll it into my deal.. But will check with JD Corporate.... 750 dollars is a lot to leave on the table

Sent from my branch office

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
To bad that offer won't be around in August when I'm in the market for a tractor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
375 Posts
So less than 12hrs before this increased incentive was announced I signed the deal on my new rig... I swear I have the worst luck in life.. Haven't taken delivery yet, dealer says he doesn't think we can roll it into my deal.. But will check with JD Corporate.... 750 dollars is a lot to leave on the table

I'm curious how long a dealer knows about an incentive change prior to it happening. I find it hard to believe that the dealer was unaware that there would be an incentive increase today when you were signing the deal yesterday. I'm not saying they absolutely should have known, I'm just suggesting that it's hard to believe they didn't know.

Had your dealer said "Let's put this off until tomorrow because I believe there will be additional incentives offered by John Deere" would have strengthened your relationship with both the dealer and with John Deere.

I hope it works out in your favor.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Anyone know if the rebate is for canada as well?.. If so, my 1023 isn't even in at the dealer yet so if it's for Canada as well, it better apply!..

·
Registered
2,504 Posts

I would go up the chain of command with the dealer. No reason that they couldn't amend the order within 12 hours

·
Registered
732 Posts

If your dealer is a good operation I am sure they can help you out. Worst case have them "return it" and then sell it back to again.

·
Registered
517 Posts

Just saw this post.. Your dealer 100% needs to honor that promotion.. There's no way a zone rep won't see it your way.. If they don't, that is absolutely brutal..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My experience

I'm curious how long a dealer knows about an incentive change prior to it happening. I find it hard to believe that the dealer was unaware that there would be an incentive increase today when you were signing the deal yesterday. I'm not saying they absolutely should have known, I'm just suggesting that it's hard to believe they didn't know.

Had your dealer said "Let's put this off until tomorrow because I believe there will be additional incentives offered by John Deere" would have strengthened your relationship with both the dealer and with John Deere.

I hope it works out in your favor.
Well, my experience was that I received the program note yesterday afternoon. I settled (paid Deere) for my tractor yesterday morning. So, it cost me $750 too. This one caught me by surprise also since the program did not expire until the end of April and changing it midway is unusual.

If the dealer has not yet paid Deere for the tractor and registered it to the new owner or submitted the finance docs, it is not too late. They just have to redo the paperwork.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I will know for certain in the morning, but my dealer is working with JD corporate and just emailed me back that the person he spoke with was pretty optimistic that we would be allowed to rewrite the deal to include the extra incentive..

I am sure that my dealer literally found out this morning about it, no harsh feelings towards them - plus my sales rep is working for his customer and I appreciate that...

More to follow once I hear back for certain

·
Registered
149 Posts
my dealer re-wrote my deal last year after a similar incentive came along without blinking.

·
Premium Member
12,816 Posts
It is amazing that the dealers are not made more aware of the corporate offerings. I had a similar experience a few weeks ago. I walked into the dealer with a $100 JD voucher that I received as part of the recent X300/X500 promotion. It was same as cash to be used for merchandise, implements, accessories, parts, etc. They didnt know anything about it. They went over it with a fine toothed comb and finally agreed it was good as cash. :good2:

·
Premium Member
14,923 Posts
It is amazing that the dealers are not made more aware of the corporate offerings. I had a similar experience a few weeks ago. I walked into the dealer with a $100 JD voucher that I received as part of the recent X300/X500 promotion. It was same as cash to be used for merchandise, implements, accessories, parts, etc. They didnt know anything about it. They went over it with a fine toothed comb and finally agreed it was good as cash. :good2:
Same here ,about 3 yrs ago , I was on the JD site and seen coupons for a free can of paint , and one time about 1/2 off for blades I think. Printed the coupons , took them in and parts guy wants to know where I found the coupon, told him, he went to Deere site and seen them OK no problem. If we are the first one with coupon they have no idea till we walk in with a coupon. One year Deere was giving away a 3 drawer tool box still have and dealer knew nothing about the offer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Update

Great news, dealer let me know that JD allowed them to rewrite my deal to include the additional incentive discount..

I really thought they would, but I am relieved to hear it.

Again, I don't fault the dealer at all and am very happy with my sales guy for working the chain of command.

Taking delivery of an even cheaper green tractor tomorrow evening

·
Registered
517 Posts
Great news, dealer let me know that JD allowed them to rewrite my deal to include the additional incentive discount..

I really thought they would, but I am relieved to hear it.

Again, I don't fault the dealer at all and am very happy with my sales guy for working the chain of command.

Taking delivery of an even cheaper green tractor tomorrow evening
Great to hear.. That really was the right thing for them to do!.. Booooo to me though.. Unless I'm missing something on the website, it looks like the offer in Canada is just the same ole' $500.. Oh well.. Better than a kick in the teeth!..

1 - 20 of 38 Posts