Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help fellas, sold our 9' offset and looking to replace with a 12'. Blades are 24" and may replace front with scalloped blades. It's a Schafer brand. So my question is will a JD7230 4x4 (130hp motor) pull this on virgin black land. Not to experienced in disking. Dealer said it would but need input.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,845 Posts
Need help fellas, sold our 9' offset and looking to replace with a 12'. Blades are 24" and may replace front with scalloped blades. It's a Schafer brand. So my question is will a JD7230 4x4 (130hp motor) pull this on virgin black land. Not to experienced in disking. Dealer said it would but need input.
From my experience that's plenty of tractor, we pull ours with our 2555 (77 HP), really makes her work but it does it just fine.

Reactions: em14 and BigJim55

·
Premium Member
13,845 Posts
the more I read this, you might want to find out more, maybe from where you are buying them. 24" blades are going to pull extra hard..sorry for any confusion.

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
663 Posts
130 HP is plenty. But how much does your tractor weigh, and what is your terrain like? Tractor data has your tractor between under 10,000lbs to over 15,000lbs. I know for a fact that my 12,000lb tractor would not pull it at full depth (10") other than on flat level ground and even there it would struggle.

You have the HP, but do you have the weight and traction?

You really need to be up in the 15,000lb range and 4x4 to handle this comfortably.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts