Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a used powerflow unit for my 60D deck on my 1025R on Machinefinder.com after taking the advice from a forum member! I purchased the powerflow unit from a John Deere dealership in Minnesota. Long story short I was told by two sales people at the dealership that this unit would fit my 60D deck. The unit had some minor wear / damage as shown in the one picture the dealership provided. I requested other pictures but was sent the same one that they had on Machine finder. When I received the unit $343.00 dollars later it has a large hole in the bottom of it, I immediately called the salesman I purchased it from at the dealership. He assured me the dealership would make this right. As the weeks drug on I knew something was going on, the salesman went from we will make it right, to I need to talk to my manager, to I need to talk to the owner, to we will order a new unit and I could pay the difference and possibly not send the old unit back at a cost of $80.00 shipping to the dealership, to today the salesman telling me that the owner of the dealership now says I can send the unit back and I pay the $80.00 shipping for a refund of my $343.00 (salesman apologized and said it is not his doing). Oh ya and this has been ongoing since 5/8/17. I spoke with John Deere customer support and they want NOTHING to do with this. Very poor for a John Deere dealership. 20170512_171049_resized.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealership is Ag Power Enterprises Inc. Hollandale, MN.
Not only did they sell me a pile of junk even after requesting more photos, they told me this would fit my 60D deck and it will not, and they totally reversed direction on making this right.

·
Registered
590 Posts
So sorry to hear about your purchase. Been down that road before and i know it is irritating. I just had to learn to accept what happened and learn what I did wrong and how to prevent it in the future. I have cancelled on long distance purchases since then, because of what I have learned from a previous deal, gone wrong.

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Hang on. I thought we had determined in another thread it was the correct blower? Do you have all the parts to mount the blower on the deck? I thought the model number you posted in the other thread matched mine and my power flo is mounted on a 60".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I do not see how this will work on my deck? Another promise the salesman made to me was that he would send me mounting information! As well as the housing having a hole in it on the bottom the impeller is pretty beat up as well. I am working on buying a new Powerflow unit in the near future. 20170524_132406_resized.jpg 20170524_132311_resized.jpg

·
Registered
667 Posts
Did you happen to put it on a credit card? If so I would call your credit card co. and dispute the charges. Just a shot.

Doug

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
The good news is i photocopied my manual for my power flo and put it in the box with the other parts that are headed your way. The bad news is that the dealer didn't sell you a complete power flo kit. You are missing the parts that mount on the mower deck itself!!

You are missing the parts labeled 'F' and 'C' for sure. Not sure what's in the bags in your picture but you could be missing parts labeled 'D', 'H', 'I' and 'J' as well.

Tony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for all the help, I really appreciate it. I wish I could say I am surprised but I am not surprised at all. I am having a very difficult time with the dealership I bought this from on Machine Finder.com. A member on here was kind enough to ask what dealership I bought it from and it turns out they live down the street from the owners of the dealership! The member on here gave me the contact information for the owners son and I sent him an email last night. I have not heard anything as of yet!
Thank you again.

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Thank you for all the help, I really appreciate it. I wish I could say I am surprised but I am not surprised at all. I am having a very difficult time with the dealership I bought this from on Machine Finder.com. A member on here was kind enough to ask what dealership I bought it from and it turns out they live down the street from the owners of the dealership! The member on here gave me the contact information for the owners son and I sent him an email last night. I have not heard anything as of yet!
Thank you again.
Glad some progress is being made. I can't believe that they, what appears to be knowingly, sent you a broken part out of their junk drawer. Can't believe they won't own up to the mistake and take it back, no questions asked. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well thanks to the member on here that helped me out with contact information I spoke with the dealership owners son today! He assured me that this will be made right, he went on to say that the salesman I dealt with just lost his father. While it was not right for him to lie to me I do understand the circumstances. I am guessing the salesman's father was ill and this explains why I was not getting answers in a timely manner. The owners son told me today that he will speak with the salesman and he will make this right, I told him to take his time considering the circumstances. Thank you to everyone who has helped me with this issue!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts