Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried adapting a 140-318 3PH to the x700 series? I'm going to stage one behind my x739 to see how difficult it will be to adapt it to fit.

·
Super Moderator
2,707 Posts
First off, a 3 point for a 140 is entirely different than one for a 318, since one is a closed frame tractor while the other is an open frame tractor. With the right skills, tools, patience, time, and knowledge, anything can made to fit.

Also, keep in mind, that the older 3 points were category 0, while the X series had limited category 1 hitches.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, that shoots my idea in the foot. I have the prescribed tools, but I'm not that ambitious. I'll open my wallet.. LOL!!
Thanks T-Mo

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked at those online there.
My main reason for asking about the 140 3ph is, I got one that's been completely rebuilt and powder-coated, ready to go.
I guess I'll sell it and use the funds to get the Ruegg.

You don't happen to know anyone looking for a nice hitch by chance, do ya? LOL
I bought the thing from a fella on eBay about 5 years ago. It come from somewhere in the Eastern U.S.

·
Super Moderator
2,707 Posts
Post an ad here and on WFM, GTT's sister site, which can be found here: wfmachines.com

The 3 point for a 140 will also fit a 120, 300, 312, 314, 316K (single cylinder Kohler from 1978), and a 317 since they're all closed frame tractors.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm one step ahead of you.
Been there, done that, T-Mo.:drinks:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts