Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 1420 that has some wiring issues. Can anyone tell me where to get wiring schematics?:usa

·
Registered
321 Posts
Unless someone on here has one they can send you, you will probably have to buy a service manual to get one. At least I don't know of any place to find them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
JD doesn't give away manuals they are copyrighted :thumbup1gif: Order the service manual this won't be the last time it comes in handy. Maybe someone who owns it will be kind enough to make a copy of the wiring diagram for you.

What are the exact issues you are having? Maybe we can help there are some electrical gurus on here no not me LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where is the best place to get a manual? Im not against buying one. I have several issues no power to the starter solenoid or to the carb fuel shutoff.

·
Registered
148 Posts
GreenFarmParts is a site sponsor just saying ;-) Green Farm Parts: John Deere Parts Online Discount Store

Fuel cut solenoid should always be on when the key is on. Could it be as simple as a bad keyswitch? No power to the starter solenoid I assume you mean on the trigger wire right? The big connection on the starter should be a direct wire to the positive terminal of the battery. Again I am not familiar with your model and I am not sure what engine is in it. I assume :hide: a Yanmar which has an automotive or solenoid shift starter. If it is the trigger wire that is not getting voltage I would start checking safety switches. I could show you wiring schematics for older Yanmar machines but I don't know if that would be any help. Good luck :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GreenFarmParts is a site sponsor just saying ;-) Green Farm Parts: John Deere Parts Online Discount Store

Fuel cut solenoid should always be on when the key is on. Could it be as simple as a bad keyswitch? No power to the starter solenoid I assume you mean on the trigger wire right? The big connection on the starter should be a direct wire to the positive terminal of the battery. Again I am not familiar with your model and I am not sure what engine is in it. I assume :hide: a Yanmar which has an automotive or solenoid shift starter. If it is the trigger wire that is not getting voltage I would start checking safety switches. I could show you wiring schematics for older Yanmar machines but I don't know if that would be any help. Good luck :thumbup1gif:
The switch seems to be working as I get power to the pto and fan controls. You are correct about the trigger wire. I'm trying to check out safety's but I'm not even sure what all it has them on. All the fuses I have found are good (not that there are not more still hiding). It does have the 3 cyl yanmar gas engine. I'm going to order a book on it as it would be good to have.

·
Registered
148 Posts
There should be a neutral switch as well or at the very least a brake switch. Depending on how new it is there may also be a reverse switch for the mow in reverse nonsense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts