Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I was cleaning up the mess of snow we got here in WI with our 1520. I was using a combination of the bucket and rear blade. Everything worked when I started tonight without any issues or noise. After about a half hour in I dropped the blade and backed into a snow pile. It wasn't rock solid but was mush because it is warm around here. I went to lift it and nothing happened, no noise or even hesitation. All the other hydraulics work the loader and steering. I tried shutting the tractor off and letting it sit but nothing changed. I also noticed that the 3 point is not all the way down either.
What could it be? Some kind of lockout I accidentally hit? Any ideas are greatly appreciated. I have to get this thing fixed before next snow fall. Thanks to all in advance. Ben

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Looks like you got some detective work to do. Here are the diagrams from JDParts.

Attachments

Reactions: JD1979212

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Try relocating L/D control lever under seat to a different location. For blading I prefer position "D" as that allows operator full control of 3 pt if L/D mechanism is adjusted correctly. FYI only lockout is rate of drop screw under seat which controls 3 pt lowering speed or can lock 3 pt in raised position but has nothing to do with 3 pt raising. There's a spring(key 9 in Randy's photo) inside rockshaft housing that possibly could have broken.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts