Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a used 6330 from an equipment broker and I am a complete newb when it comes to tractors. The tractor looks to be in excellent condition with very little wear on the tires and other surfaces. One thing that is odd is that the engine RPMs will only reach 1700 (on the dot) when the setting is at the max level. The guy told me some story about how that low rpm setting was better for his hay baler because if the setting was higher it would break the netting that went around the bales and that it was set at the JD dealer.

Is this really a setting that can be adjusted on the ECM? Can the dealer come to the tractor and make this change? I understand how setting this max RPM could be more fuel efficient but I would like the settings back to the original.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Check the pto setting. If the tractor's pto is set in the "E" economy setting the engine will stop at about 1700 rpm. This setting can be adjusted, but you should be able to switch to the normal pto setting and get full power.

·
Premium Member
8,780 Posts
Check the pto setting. If the tractor's pto is set in the "E" economy setting the engine will stop at about 1700 rpm. This setting can be adjusted, but you should be able to switch to the normal pto setting and get full power.
I concur, PTO does not have to be "ON" just set to 540e and rpm will be limited to prevent over speeding the PTO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts