Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Oh man....I'm so going to get that for next year.

I've liked the rubber extensions, but really wanted something rigid. I have a few tight corners I plow around and a wider blade would allow the blade to follow the edge and my tires to stay on the driveway.

·
Registered
12,601 Posts
man-them are nice-but too late for me, I already had mine to the shop and had extension's welded on. u really have to look close at mine to see the welded seams in front, and I had new cutting edge made for the whole plow then. I doubt mine was any cheaper than JD'S Fix. probably a bit more, kept old cutting edge for on my dads 54 inch plow that's in my shed. well at least jd finally gave in for all the bigger than garden tractor owners out their. good fine!!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Nice, those are pretty sweet. Easy to add too by the looks of it.:good2:
I already added the Artillians which work great. Piece of mind when cutting close to vehicles and stuff with the heavy rubber.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
If I still had my 1025R with the 54" blade those extension would on it .

Reactions: BigJim55

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,028 Posts
Read where JKR stated if he still had his 1025r, guessing if he was planning on using it on his with FEL ,OK.

I had put 10" on mine and was using it on the front of my then 2305,. The tires height and FQH doesn't allow enough height to raise blade very far when blade is angled. When blade was straight no problems . For me doing several different drives it wasn't worth the extra width. Always tearing up the yard or getting stuck on rock or a landscape timber sticking up maybe 2" or less.
IMO flat drives it would be fine.

Reactions: BigJim55
1 - 7 of 7 Posts