Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have been trying to track down a wiring diagram for my JD1830. I have the Shop manual but it is not included. I tried to find one on JD website bit no luck. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Doug.

·
Premium Member
7,937 Posts
What are you looking for in the wiring diagram? I have the 2030 tech manual that has wiring diagrams. They might be the same/similar :dunno:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response Zebrafive. Looking for all the wiring i guess. Looking to rewire a pile as it seems I have had a critter do some chewing under the dash and while I am i there might as well clean a pile of the wiring mess up. I do believe the 2030 is the same as the 1830. 1830 number used for sales here in Canada. If you could help me out that would be the bee's knees.

Doug.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks NotYourGrandfathersDeere. I did google it, just not sure if those sites are trust worthy places to park my money for a technical manual.

·
Premium Member
7,937 Posts
Thanks for the response Zebrafive. Looking for all the wiring i guess. Looking to rewire a pile as it seems I have had a critter do some chewing under the dash and while I am i there might as well clean a pile of the wiring mess up. I do believe the 2030 is the same as the 1830. 1830 number used for sales here in Canada. If you could help me out that would be the bee's knees.

Doug.
Was your tractor USA or German built?

·
Premium Member
7,937 Posts
To my knowledge no 1830's were built in Dubuque,Ia.
Mannheim Germany sir.

Thanks for the replies. Reason I asked was, IIRC, my tech manual shows wiring diagrams for both USA & German built 2030s.
My manual is currently at the farm. I am waiting parts for my 2030 (See my "lost all hydraulics" post). Next week I should be able to post pictures of the wiring diagram(s). No plans to go there until parts arrive. I hope you can wait.

My USA built 2030 has very simple wiring. Alternator, voltage regulator & dash light, fuel gauge and sender, oil pressure sender and dash light, starter w/neutral start switch, key switch, light switch, fender warning lights w/flasher, rear work light w/red light inside, and fender headlights with high/low beams. Plus a connector for rear implement lights. Mine is diesel. Gas versions have fuel shutoff and distributor/coil wiring.

LMK if your 1830 has anything not mentioned above.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Zebrafive. Thank you so much, I can wait for the diagrams. No real need for the tractor to run for a week or so. My 1830 has what you mentioned but the lights have been changed and other issues that do not work due to wiring or issues created by previous owner.

Once again, Thanks,
Doug

·
Premium Member
7,937 Posts
Let me know if you need close ups of certain parts. I did include back of headlight switch and rear wiring harness, lights

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry for the late response Zebrafive. Thanks for the pics. I will have a look and it should be super handy. After some putzing around it seems that my excite wire is not exciting my alternator and the jumper from the two posts of the alternator i wired was only meant to jump, not stay on. When i jump the alternator it works. Hence the drain to 0% on the batteries.

Appreciated,
Doug

·
Premium Member
7,937 Posts
Would you happen to have a pic of the fuse box and what goes into it?

Thanks,
Doug
My 2030 does not have a fuse box, only a circuit breaker in the battery wire to the key switch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts