Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question:
I need to put new lining on my cluch pad, I already bought it and it gets rivoted on.
However I need to remove from around the large belt pulley.

I will attmept to add a picture of the area circled.
There are I think 4 bolts that hold this assembly on- question can I just undo the bolts and slide it out to the front so I can put on bench to redo the lining?

I think thre is some sort of FORK in there (I have seen on pictures), will it slide out or do I have to worry about something inside the belt pulley or clutch area?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,290 Posts
Remove the clutch linkage and the four bolts and the whole thing will slide right out. You'll want to probably replace or make a new gasket for reinstallation.

·
Registered
11,250 Posts
Check with your JD dealer. AB4748R should be a clip on pulley brake lining. You can install it without removing the fork. Just remove the old lining, slip it on and bend the clamping tabs tight.

I see that AB4748R is replaced by RE29790. You might also find it at Steiner parts.

·
Registered
11,672 Posts
Check with your JD dealer. AB4748R should be a clip on pulley brake lining. You can install it without removing the fork. Just remove the old lining, slip it on and bend the clamping tabs tight.

I see that AB4748R is replaced by RE29790. You might also find it at Steiner parts.
I 2nd what DRobinson said, push ur lever forward, this should give u enough room to knock out the rivets or even drill them a little, just don't drill into the housing part. and then slide ur new pad with clips over the square pad, when u have it centered, bend the pads down over, no more rivets to bother with. I have this type on my model 50, and it works fine.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
That's what we did to the A last summer also. When you readjust remember the clutch needs to snap in and snap out. Then you know you have it correct.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will have to pull out the assembly- I have already purchased the replacement lining with new rivots.
This will give me a chance to clean up the linkage too..
thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts