Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi to all. New to this forum. Local sellers have these 2 John Deere tractors for sale. $2600 for the 1939 and $2500 for the 1935. The 39 runs and has new rear tires with a 4 tine attachment. The 35 does not run and needs tires. Seller states it ran about 2 years ago and has a new magneto. Engine turns freely. Just was wondering about the values on both and anything I should be aware of on either. Thanks to all who respond. I’m located in Scottsdale, AZ.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,282 Posts
I’d say they’re priced a little high, just enough for some wiggle room to negotiate. But for the dollars, it’d be hard to go wrong.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Buyer beware when someone says it ran last year...

I bought a tractor that the person I bought it from had been told it "ran 3 or 4 years ago". It was stuck but I didn't care as the price was right and I was going to do a complete restore on it anyway. It only took over 2 months of soaking the pistons to get the first one to move. The second one was an MC that I was told "ran 5 years ago when I parked it there". That motor was rusted on the inside bad enough to be totally unusable. Point being I would never pay a premium price for something that is stuck without at least enough of a tear down to determine usefulness of the parts.
Hutch

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
The H is about right with an implement and good rubber, maybe a touch high. 2k would be a great deal.

B's are a lot more money, and that would be an OK price if you knew it was in running condition. However, not knowing and needing rubber, I'd be leery.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Around where I live,, the price of these old tractors have plummeted,,
the only buyers are tractor pullers,,

The "NEW" rage is buying older SCUTs,, they bring about the same $$$,, and you can actually get something done with them,,,

I could easily get double what I paid for this 650, even though I only bought it 3 years ago,,,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts