Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
A german guy posted this video at our german forums. The combine first was sold to Algeria and came years later to France. After an odyssey through germany, the combine was restored and shown in Nordhorn 2014 in action. Please enjoy.

Registered
Great video. I never saw a harvester like that. It must have been a lot of work to restore it. I looks and works like new.

Thanks,
Don

Registered
I emailed my brother about that combine, our BIL had one, he traded it in, and the dealer never picked it up.

I used to climb on it, and play in the early 1950's.

My brother (14 years older than me) never saw it operate, but, he said the next door neighbor had one.

He said that one operated like an old helicopter,,,, work on it 10 hours,,, run it for 2 hours,,, :laugh:

The neighbor would ALWAYS call my BIL to finish harvesting his crop,,,
:lolol:​

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Hello CADplans, nice story. I published it in our german JD forums. :good2:

Registered
Thanks for sharing the video. My dad had two very much like the one in the video, they were a model 17. I operated the combine for several years in the late 50's and early 60's. Ours originally did not have an unloading auger on the hopper so there was a lot of shoveling in the truck to keep the grain away from the gravity trough at the bottom of the hopper. One of our 17's was on rubber and the other one was on steel wheels. One of our neighbors back in my home area still has his model 17 sitting in the trees. Often thought I should get pictures and measurements so I could make a 1/16th scale model of it.

It's great to see this old iron restored and operating.

Registered
If you were going to use a LANZ BULLDOG on a combine/ harvester or header it was mandatory that a spark arrestor was fitted (this applied to all tractors) and a bucket or something similar halve full of water be attached under the hot bulb to prevent the starting of fires.

Registered
Draper header

A german guy posted this video at our german forums. The combine first was sold to Algeria and came years later to France. After an odyssey through germany, the combine was restored and shown in Nordhorn 2014 in action. Please enjoy.

Interesting that it's a Draper style header. I never saw one when growing up but now with the much larger headers on combines they are back in style. Much of the machine is very, very similar to a modern non-rotary combine except for the flat belts.

Cool video, thanks for sharing. I wish I understood German, though. I'm sure there was some interesting items being shared.

Treefarmer

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
If you were going to use a LANZ BULLDOG on a combine/ harvester or header it was mandatory that a spark arrestor was fitted (this applied to all tractors) and a bucket or something similar halve full of water be attached under the hot bulb to prevent the starting of fires.
And how can you indentify the friendly LANZ driver: when he smiles, you see the oil droplets on his teeth :laugh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts