Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am rebuilding a Quill housing/shaft to be able to use a flat belt pulley on my 1941 LA. The portion that fits inside the motor has a square opening that look like it may be for oil to run into. Is the quill mounted with the opening on top, bottom, facing forward or rearward?

Scott in Texas

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Scott, I'd like to help but to be honest, I don't have a clue what you are talking about when you say "Quill housing". I have a flat belt pulley on my '41 LA but can't figure out what you are talking about.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scott, I'd like to help but to be honest, I don't have a clue what you are talking about when you say "Quill housing". I have a flat belt pulley on my '41 LA but can't figure out what you are talking about.
Wayne,

According to the JD Parts Manual for the Model "LA" please see attached photo item 4. If I'm reading it correctly, JD call the housing with the shaft a "Quill".

Yesterday I answered my on question on what way to install, when I went to install it on my LA. It will only bolt down one way due to the casting. After making the gasket, I could see the way it is supposed to mount. Live and learn!

Thanks for your reply.

Scott in Texas

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts