Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm not very computer friendly........!!!!! I'm working on a John Deere model M steering box, I would like to know how to dismantle it from the tractor. I think there is a set screw that is broken off in front, it doesn't allow me to take the steering box out. Does anyone have a diagram or drawing that would show this?

·
Administrator
18,295 Posts
Welcome to DT!

There is a large (150 pages) .pdf file in jdparts that cover the M, here is the link but you may need to register (for free) to see it: http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/pdfs/PC0848.PDF

Under S, then "steering gear" I think is what you want. If that does not work for you I will habve to attach it somehow...

Reactions: ED S

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Welcome to GreenLand.

Thanks Ken for the link, I took it one step farther, here are the pages Kenny is refering to. Hope this helps. Ya know we sure would like to see your project. If I can learn to navigate this computer stuff anyone can. We are here to help ya the best we can.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Serial Number Info.

Here are a couple of pages that you may find interesting as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
kenny do you have a link to the hompage of the link you posted? i stumbled onto that catalog but i just figure out how to access the home page. thanks

·
Administrator
18,295 Posts
kenny do you have a link to the hompage of the link you posted? i stumbled onto that catalog but i just figure out how to access the home page. thanks
www.jdparts.com is the main page for jdparts, is that what you wanted?

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Great photos!

Looks like you are doing things right. Are you going to hit the show circuit once completed?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts