Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
The JD parts book calls it part number AB 3579 R, for model B201,000 and up serial numbers, Cover, Crank Opening, with Springs.
The Springs are the clips riveted to the inside to hold it on. If needed, Springs - B 2552 R. Rivet - B 2553 R.
If you check JD Parts for prices and availability, you may have to leave out the spaces and the "R". Have fun with the restoration!

tommyhawk

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
The JD parts book calls it part number AB 3579 R, for model B201,000 and up serial numbers, Cover, Crank Opening, with Springs.
The Springs are the clips riveted to the inside to hold it on. If needed, Springs - B 2552 R. Rivet - B 2553 R.
If you check JD Parts for prices and availability, you may have to leave out the spaces and the "R". Have fun with the restoration!

tommyhawk
:dunno:i only knew it as the place to put ur steering wheel if the battery went dead, and no hill to coast off of, to start it.

now in all my life i have never seen in person, anyone who took the steering wheel off, to use it there.:dunno:is that true? can u really use the steering wheel to hand crank a battery operating tractor like the op has?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Here's what the hand crank wheel for a JD two cyl looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts