Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
55JD50 57JD420C 57JD420U 55JD40W 66JD110 73JD140H3 2006JDGX335 44JDBO 45JDBR 85JD750
581 Posts
Tractor was parked 10 yrs ago because it would quit running when hot. I soaked the carb, blew it all out. I don’t have the drill bits but blowing air threw the passages isn’t stopped up. I put a new kit in it, everything but a float. I put new points, condenser, autolite 3116 plugs and new wires on it. Tractor starts and runs great half the time. The other half it runs good until it starts to get warm then it starts backfiring threw the exhaust and won’t hardly run. Every time it won’t run the carb is frosted over and the intake all the way to the head. Obviously I know it’s vapor locking but why? I’ve took the carb back off gutted it and cleaned it again, tried diff plugs. I’m about at a loss on why it only does it sometimes and what’s causing it, anyone have any ideas? Only thing I haven’t done is try higher octane gas which I’m going to. Thanks
My guess would have to be the frosted up intake. On my 50, there is a manifold heat control valve. It allows heat from the exhaust to warm the intake air. I don't know if it was provided on the model A, but that's where I would start looking.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts