Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up this 420U a couple of years ago. It was sitting outside for years. It came with a Wagner front end loader, power steering and a three point. I was able to get my nephew involved so we took it apart, pounded out the dents and filled in the voids. I ordered all the new decals and paint. It was a fun project and I think my nephew pick up some good information. I've added some before, during and after photos.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Very nice.

You going back for the crawler?

·
Super Moderator
8,047 Posts
Nice work. That loader looks like a very well built unit. Good results!! (y)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys,
I have a friend about a mile down the road who's family ran a body shop and he was the shop teacher at the high school. He's retired now but does small body repair and paint in his garage. I had him paint the grill and hood and my nephew and I painted the frame, wheels and motor with a $20 Harbor Freight paint gun. We made a paint booth out of old tarps and a box fan.
The 420 is such a pleasure to have around the property. It's my first power steering tractor making life much better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ran across this board and saw some of your posts with the antique Deeres, was wondering if I could ask you a couple questions about yours?

I have too many of the two cylinders myself, haha, 60, 70, 80, DI, MI, tons of fun

Brandon

·
Registered
11,903 Posts
I ran across this board and saw some of your posts with the antique Deeres, was wondering if I could ask you a couple questions about yours?

I have too many of the two cylinders myself, haha, 60, 70, 80, DI, MI, tons of fun

Brandon
Welcome from northeastern Pennsylvania. I'm sure everyone here would like to see pictures of your collection.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Amazing collection! Is that a 44 and 45 BO? Both with electric start? Very very cool.

I see the industrial 420 with the loader. Is that a 420 or 430 crawler? Dang, love those yellow Deeres

Wow,
Great job on the DI restoration. Very nice collection. I added a photo of my stable.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's a 44 BO and a 45 BR. Both electric start. The BR also has a landing lever. The crawler is a 420 C and the tractor is a 420 U with Wagner Loader.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts