Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep looking at this ad thinking I should call. I don't have the room nor the time right now to take this on, but it would be a cool winter project.

Would be cool to use to cut around the trees in the field, but if it was fixed up I would have a hard time using it.

So I go from wanting it to knowing I will never use it.

http://saginaw.craigslist.org/for/2996403159.html

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
I have a 67 model 110. I really like it but wouldnt want to do a lot of mowing on it.

If I was about 5' tall it would be great.

We have a model 80 cart to go with ours that is period correct. The tractor is Cindys flower tractor for potting soil, etc. But she never uses it.

About the only time it gets used is to till my Moms garden. They work great for pull behind spreaders too. Well they actually "work" great for everything but we are spoiled by modern comforts.

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
The round fender 110s and 112s had that classic tractor look. Good for showing, but not so good for mowing or using every day. That one is missing the starter/generator belt cover (and belt) and without seeing the right side, it may be missing the pto cover. It does have the shift quadrant and the drive belt cover, so that's good. With the snow blower, that's not a bad price. When restored, the round fenders are sharp tractors for showing.

·
Registered
11,567 Posts
The round fender 110s and 112s had that classic tractor look. Good for showing, but not so good for mowing or using every day. That one is missing the starter/generator belt cover (and belt) and without seeing the right side, it may be missing the pto cover. It does have the shift quadrant and the drive belt cover, so that's good. With the snow blower, that's not a bad price. When restored, the round fenders are sharp tractors for showing.
But, in 1965, they were top of the line. There was nothing better, nothing more convenient, and as evidenced by this particular one, nothing lasted longer.

Don

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
11,567 Posts
...and, I assume the "Nothing Runs Like a Deere" slogan even though it was originally used for John Deere snowmobiles. The slogan far outlived the JD snowmobiles.

Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts